Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thinking about selling the coupe after 30 years

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41plym, Nov 1, 2012.

1. If he's willing to pay what you want, I'd go for it. Its nice not to have to deal with annoying hagglers that then back out of a deal. Just my thoughts. I'd sell any car if its mine and the price is right, no matter how much I like it.

2. Exactly.

JH

3. Muttley

Muttley

I have a policy..................the first time I walk into the garage, see my car and dont think to myself "Man, I sure like this thing" it goes up for sale. It sounds like you have hit that point if you put a for sale sign on it.

4. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Do the convertible Top goes down price goes up

5. I really don't understand what the OP was thinking when he started this thread.:confused:

6. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

Pre- selling regrets?:p

7. This thread title is wrong, it should read, "decided to sell the coupe after 30 years". The thinking part stopped when you put the sign on it. Sell it and move on with the convert.

8. Randy,,your car didn't have a for sale sign on it,,,41plym's did. :D HRP

9. I've never had a vehicle near as long as that..and at times I wish I had.
    I do know that if I put a sign on one of my cars, it's already gone in my mind, and I'm already considering my next purchase.
    On a side note, is it really fair to a prospective buyer, to think it is available to purchase..only to discover that it really isn't?

10. 41plym

41plym

For what it's worth the prospective buyer has not made a complete commitment yet (he wants to sleep on it) and says he would understand if I had a change of heart and that there would be no hard feelings.
    41plym

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  11. We went from "He wants it bad" and "He's willing to pay my price" to "He wants to sleep on it". All in 4 hours. :confused:

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Its hard to let them go,I sold a 50 Chrysler 8 pass sedan and a 53 Olds that I had for over 20 years.

13. My idea too;)

14. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

best time to sell is when you have a buyer

15. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Let someone drive it away tomorrow as if you will never see it again. When it gets out of your sight you will know. Then follow your gut. My 2c worth...good luck.

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Chop it, drop it and drag it?........In that order.

17. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

What means more to you, the money or the car? All you will do with the money is spend it. After having it that long it would be hard for me to sell it....my 2 cents...

18. jimbousman

jimbousman

I've bought my "A" coupe in 1962 and my '40 Sedan Delivery in 1965. I still own them and probably alway will. I've own and driven and sold over 30 cars in my life and never gave it a thought. But when it comes to these two, if I sold them I would regret it the rest of my life. But that's me.

19. ac0j

ac0j

Its just a car, not a wife. When your next one gets where you want it, you'll ultimately be just as happy or more so. Remember the day you got the coupe?

20. Jokester

Jokester

This guy has the right idea. When you see it going out of your driveway with someone else behind the wheel you will know if the time is right. After 30 years, you'd better be darn sure.

my 2¢

.bjb

21. HMMM!, sometimes easier to "sell" the wife! LOL

I had my 37 since '81 but kids are all gone now and I really did not need a 4 door so I let it go. Got my price and the new guy was just thrilled with it. With the $$$$ in my pocket seeing it drive away was not all that bad. Guess it is a question of timing and the timing was right for us FWIW.

22. pila38

pila38

I always feel if you advertise something for sale, or make an inquiry about something for sale you are, in a way, committing to the sale or purchase of that item. That being said, I think you got yourself in too deep and are almost obligated to sell it. But, you still own it and can do whatever you want with it.

23. dudley32

dudley32

my dad always said "the best time to sell something is when someone wants it"...has always worked for me...

24. Fool Injection

Fool Injection

When it comes to selling a car, I always ask myself one thing:

Is it better to regret something you've done rather than something you didn't do?

25. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

When I get tired of a car I throw a car cover on it and forget about it for a few years, doesnt eat anything sitting there. I have some cars that have sat for over 10 years without being touched, at least they are there when I decide to go back to them. I wouldnt sell it if you have a place to store it inside.

26. So, is the car still for sale. Maybe I want to buy it. If you sell it to me will the other guy be pissed. If he has not handed you any money then he has no claim. As long as he has no claim, you can sell to anybody else or remove the for sale sign.

Tim

27. Don`t cry wolf. Sell it or not it`s up to you but don`t waste peoples time. If you do when the time comes that you WANT to sell, it will be hard to take you seriously.

28. Winmon

Winmon

So, what did the OP decide?