Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Cragar Delux 69 Solid Rims..what do you think

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 16ozSchlitzMan, Apr 26, 2011.

1. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

[​IMG]

I think the heavy pinstripe was for display..... I seen them same wheels at cragars booth @ sema.... sometimes they over do stuff for display purposes, they should have just left them black with center caps or the outer red stripe .... less is more.

2. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

i know this is a old post but are these rims able to hold a Beauty Ring?

3. Leevon - I think your wheels look great! I would like to know if they will hold a beauty ring. I love that color too!

4. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

i bought the rims awhile back and they look pretty good i might paint them Gloss black tho and theyll hold a beauty ring i dont see why not

5. vandit

vandit
    from dundas

not sure about these i have seen them with spider caps and rings painted shinny not bad the old steel rims are getting hard to find and i got a set of these for free so i may try them also im told new snow tire rims look like the old rim but no nubs for caps ?

6. outlaw256

outlaw256

i dont think they look to bad.i do like what leeevon did with his.i wouldnt go out of my way to buy them but if a deal came up and i got them cheap enough, yeah id paint them and run em.

7. wallyringo

wallyringo

i like them i have a set.

8. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

A set of these wheels was on my barn find (yes, a real barn on a real farm) '47 Chevy coupe hot rod built in the '70's. The previous owner wisely took the baskets off and put them in the trunk. Almost 30 years of sitting in and out of their barn later, I wisely took them off and threw them in the pile of junk by my barn and put on some old Crager SS wheels. Those SS wheels look so much better than the ugly "solid" rims. Your opinion may vary....

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Since the seventies. Think they were a dealer option on late seventies T-birds...

Attached Files:

10. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

My thoughts exactly.

Billy

11. Jamoke

Jamoke

I just bought a set 15 x 8 and 15 x 5 for under $250.00 shipped to my door and they all ready powder coated sound like a deal to me if your on a budget

12. motorcade 1

motorcade 1

I am glad everyone here has various taste and ideas of kool. If everyones taste was perfect everyones car would look exactly the same as mine. Posted tongue in cheek,but really if we all agree on everything then all cars would be the same.

13. Jamoke

Jamoke

True Dat !!! Think out of the box once in a while if you fucked up and dont like it change it

14. They look like the old "Wire Baskets" from the early eightys that someone chucked a coat of paint on, then threw away the barbeque basket parts.

Good idea though.

15. Jamoke

Jamoke

Yea so you like them Huh!

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

They are horrible

Muttley likes this.
  17. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Fantastic. Right price and that Truck looks great

18. Jamoke

Jamoke

I bet you also just drink white milk . boringggggggggggggg

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I don't drink any milk

20. Jamoke

Jamoke

Funny LOL

21. steel wheels are $7 at the u-pull-it. You could a set for less than one of those.

22. flyin54

flyin54
    from modesto ca

They look like they forgot to punch out all the little triangles on those wagon wheels for a 4X4!

23. Jamoke

Jamoke

Really ?? Guess your still wet behind the ears and dont remember these

Vintage Halibrand Magnesium Solid wheels 15 X 8

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    AHotRod likes this.
  24. Gator

Gator

The only thing those Halibrands have in common with the Cragars is that they're round.... like comparing apples and oranges. No need to call people names just because they have better taste than you do. :D if you dig 'em, more power to you.

BTW here's another thread on the Cragars, it went over just about as good as this one has. They are absolutely, positively the same wheels that were sold with wire baskets back in the seventies.

25. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

thats a lot of tire you git sitting there . mmmmmm

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. Kinda looks like a murray garden tractor wheel to me....

27. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Going on a year old and 86 mostly worthless bullshit posts. About the same as cardboard covers being banned at Billitproof. Worth while was made by LEEVON!!

28. Exactly what I thought. Showing my age, too.

29. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I like wire baskets with the baskets on. theres a rather bitchin Hillman wagon that has them without the baskets, but chrome, and looks great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Rob Tonight

Rob Tonight

I don't understand why people have to be so judgmental when it comes to other peoples car. I'm new to hot rodding and have never heard of "basket wheels". I was thinking of putting these wheels on a t bucket build. I think they would look great. Remember we aren't all from the same generation and we all have different taste in cars and what makes a car look good. Try not to put others down and appreciate that even though we are different we all love the car culture.