Register now to get rid of these ads!

'41 Plymouth Motor Mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Captain Neckbeard, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Well, I'm building a 1941 Plymouth Special Deluxe. I had planned on putting an SBC in it that I had built, but after further consideration, decided to put a big block 400ci Mopar motor and 727 trans that my dad and I built in it.

I had motor mounts for the small block that I got from streetrodengineering.com.

The problem that I'm faced with now is that I can't find any motor mounts for a BB Mopar motor going into a '41 Plymouth.

Anyone know where I could find a set or should I just say screw it and fabricate a set myself?

Thanks guys!

2. Your gonna have to make some, i do not recall anyone making them. They are not that hard to make.

3. flatblack37

flatblack37
    from LA

I also have a '41 Plymouth Coupe. Not sure if it's Deluxe or Special Deluxe. Do you by chance have a pic or could take one of the hood hinge springs. Mine are missing and I have no idea of what they look like.

Mine is going to be a traditional style hotrod w/ 350/350.

Thanks

Direct email for pics is [email protected]

4. I'll get out and take some here shortly. It's pissing the rain right now.

If you look on the driver's side of the firewall, there should be some letters and numbers punched on it. IIRC only the P12s were the special deluxes. Also, the special deluxe came with badges that said so.

-Cap'n

5. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Try asking your question over on the "P15-D24" website. Try a search on the site first, and then post a question if you don't find an answer on the search. Chances are, someone there has "been there, done that". Good luck.

6. flatblack37

flatblack37
    from LA

Thanks for the GREAT pics Capt. Now I see how they go. Now, to find a pair. Also, I spotted the P11, it was below my power brake booster. It's also part of the body tag number on the firewall.

7. 4woody

4woody

I just put a Mopar 383 in a '38 Chrysler. I'll try and post some pics after work tonight.

8. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks for the pics of the springs. I'd honestly forgotten how they were mounted and had no old pics before stripping the car.

9. Valtin

Valtin

Fabricated frame mounts and used b-body mounts on block.