Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mag-Neto

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 31, 2012.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I like Magneto, but I am also patiently waiting for the first issue of The Jalopy Journal...hint...hint...

hint...

etc...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. flash

flash

WOW! Thanks Ryan. I really appreciate the support. And many thanks to all of the writers, photographers, advertisers over the years that've helped me out tremendously. And Pete and the rest of the Alter Boys for encouraging me to start the mag in the first place...way back when...but enough of that. Starting to sound like I'm at a freakin award ceremony. Just trying to express that it's not all me. Plenty of folks put in a lot of time helping out, and for very little reward. Just the love of it.

I'm downright embarrassed that it took me so long to put out a new issue. Life just gets hectic sometimes. I'm just glad you all didn't forget about Mag-Neto!

3. autobilly

autobilly

Hoodlums forever, forever Hoodlums!
    [​IMG]

4. johnk320

johnk320
    from Erie PA

Never heard of it until this article. Bought the package deal!!! Can't wait to get them!

5. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Saw it for the first time earlier this month at the "Gathering of the Faithful" Just ordered the package deal, can't wait to check them out.

6. Man am I happy to see this, bought the originals way back when and thoroughly enjoyed them, so well done. Welcome back Tony, sounds like you have quite a following.

7. iamben

iamben

These mags are bitchen!!! Theres not 45 pages of adds and 10 pages of cars, like most mags these days. They are no nonsense and are well put together. I hope Tony keeps fighting the good fight and makes a few more of these.

8. flash

flash

Oh I will keep on putting issues out...just notice on the latest cover it says published "biennially, or whenever".

9. johnk320

johnk320
    from Erie PA

Hey Tony,

Where is the best place to try to find back issues? This is right up my alley! I'd like to pick up as many back issues as I could. Also, do you do Tee shirts, hats, etc? I'll support a guy like you all day long!!! Can't wait to get my package!

10. flash

flash

Hi John, the only back issues I still have are the ones shown in the package deal on mag-neto.com. I'm also out of t-shirts but will print more this winter...ready for shows starting back up in the spring. Thanks!

11. outlaw256

outlaw256

well boss thanks for the heads-up on this mag.to be honest ive never heard of it but im now ordering the package deal.ive not ordered a mag. in yrs. lol.

12. johnk320

johnk320
    from Erie PA

Tony,

PM me when the tee shirts are ready. thanks...

13. kennb

kennb

Never heard of this mag till now. The way everyone is talking, I went and ordered the 5 package deal. Ken

14. adam401

adam401

If you buy the mag in person it comes delivered in the back of a chopped to fuck 48 ford thats been on the road for eeeeeever. Good for you Tony, your hard work deserves recognition.

15. flash

flash

Just sold out of issue #16 from the summer of 2004 (the silver cover with the close-up shot of the Sidebotham/Wentworth roadster exhaust).

Package deal on mag-neto.com has been updated accordingly. Now includes the new issue plus only 3 back issues for $18.

Thanks!!!

16. Pete

Pete

Good stuff....the sleeping Dragon has awoken!!! Beware!!!!

Tony always put's his heart and soul into this Mag, if it's not perfect and full of the correct material/content...you'll just have to wait! Finding the great stories takes time. It's not something he just decides to do last minute...no no, he stews it like a chef, brings it to a boil then lets it simmer until all the flavors blend. He's a good guy too!

Pete-

17. johnk320

johnk320
    from Erie PA

Glad I bought the package deal when I did! Already started the search for back issues!

Did the same for TRJ. STILL trying to fill in holes from the beginning....

18. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I got my package today. I never saw or heard of Mag-Neto until I saw it posted here but they look awesome and I can't wait to read them all. Thanks, Tony, and all who helped you put it together.

19. bluthndr

bluthndr

Awesome news. I was just looking through my collection of his earlier stuff and put it in a better place on the bookshelf. I think his books are my favorites from back then. Glad to hear he's alive and kicking! Looking forward to finding a copy of his latest!

20. TomH

TomH

Got my package deal in the mail Monday, looks good. Thank you very much!!

21. flamingokid

flamingokid

Got mine today,the fill in is almost complete.Thanks, Tony!!

22. I just got the new one, glad to see it back in fine form.....I have been a loyal reader and have every issue, right next to my hop ups!

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I have a bunch of the new issues left from selling them at the Revolution. If ya need on PM me!

24. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Got my package deal this week, awesome stuff. Love the east coast coverage, we are often forgot about!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

25. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Magneto rules, since day 1. Glad to hear that it's back!!

26. flash

flash

Thanks! I have some ideas for next year's issue already. I'll try to at least stick to an annual schedule in the future.

Just FYI, I am down to my last few copies of issue #17 (issue #16 sold out a couple of weeks ago...). Looks like I'll need to revise the "package deal" again soon, so get your orders in now if you would like #17 to be included.

27. johnk320

johnk320
    from Erie PA

OK... so I missed out on number 16 BUT.... so glad I got the ones I did! This is REALLY a good mag(azine)! I'm in! Thanks, Tony! GREAT work!!!!

28. Got my package deal last week,
    Pretty cool!

29. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

Great, ! I am not alone.

30. Django

Django
    from Chicago

We have some in stock at HRCC if you're in Chicagoland. Have I said recently how much I love Mag-Neto? :D