Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rick Bales heart attack,193257 on the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by basicbob, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Kurt's Car

Kurt's Car

Thoughts and prayers for Rick and his family. Thanks for the updates Bob.

2. Hi, Bob. Best wishes to Rick and family.

3. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Thanks for the posts. Great to hear a positive update. I just met Rick this summer at his shop and again at E'ville. What a nice guy!! Prayers and best wishes to Rick and his family.

4. tjd420

tjd420

Thank you so much for posting this. I heard tuesday and have been worried since then. Words can not describe how great of a person Rick is. That guy has been helping us (novice) hot rodders for years. Been to too many funerals this year, his is one I don't plan on going to for a couple decades!

5. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Glad he's improving, Bob. Thinking good thoughts for him here.

6. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

My thoughts and prayers go out to Rick and his family. I've been in his shoes, God will look over him and help him through this. I know because he helped me pull through.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Glad to hear things went well through surgery. Thank you for the update!

8. Hearing that the bypass surgery was successful is great news,now it is time to heal,,the Bales family remain in my prayers. HRP

9. I don't know Rick but just bought some tags from him over the summer. Great guy to deal with. Prayers go out for a speedy recovery.

10. Framewelder

Framewelder

Thanks for the good news Bob! Rick is a super guy. Zack and I are thinking of him every dayand send best wishes to him and his family.

11. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

I don't know Rick but he's a fellow HAMBer from the St. Louis area and that's almost like family.

Praying for you and family Rick. I'm a south sider near Barnes. If your family needs anything, a place to rest or someone to run some food up to 'em let me know. It's not the Hilton but I got fresh car magazines.

Get well soon,

Andy from STL

12. Prayers again today for Rick

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. Great news!!! Prayers continuing for Rick and family. First met him in Wayland a few years back. Spotted his Guide headlight tags in TRJ - very impressive!

Rick, I've still got a couple of tins for you when we next meet.:)

14. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

Our prayers are with Rick and Karen and all who are deeply involved in his recovery. Rick is strong and if anybody can come back from something like this, it will be Rick.

15. Good to hear the news. Thanks for the updates. Now Rick gets to be part of that large "zipper club" . He will have a few hard weeks especailly thata first one at home. After that it moves right along and then there is Cardiac Rehab....now that is a fun place! Best wishes Rick and family. Hoping for a quick recovery.

16. Fantastic news! Wishing and praying for a speedy recovery!

17. Just tuned in a few minutes ago and saw this post.
    I'm glad things are going ok for him.
    Take care, my friend! Get some rest, and keep on the road to recovery.
    We hope to see you at the Round Up in a few months!
    We will also offer our prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  18. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

thanks for the updates bob. me and rick go back into the mid 70,s(when we were just kids) hang in there bud. thinkin of you!!

19. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Absolutely hate this for Rick.

We always seek Rick out when we see his black Riv and he does the same when he sees our Caddy.

Get well soon and if there is anything we can do please let us know.

20. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Been through a lot of this in our fam. Good news to hear!

21. basicbob

basicbob

Hello to all. Rick has had great gains today!!!!

Early today the doctors removed his throat tube:

I first taked to Rick around 11 am, he looked tired & a little weak. I'd say 15% ok

My second visit 1pm he was better, answers/conversation came much easier. Maybe 25%

My third visit was around 3pm. It may sound CRAZY but I actually think around 60%

During the day he had quite a few visitors so lots of conversation, Rick is doing remarkable. They want to walk Rick tomorrow.

First I should state I'm not a church person, I could take it or leave it. I'm OK with people that beleive & have not gone to church since the time made me go at 16. I rode my Harley Sporster to church & sat with my leather jacket and helmet near the front with Mom. She never made me go to church anymore

That said it must have been GOD watching out for Rick. I have no other explaination.

Thanks to all of you, Bob

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  22. Good luck get better soon

23. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Bob & Marty : You are obviously very good friends for Rick to have !

Never think for one moment, your support and friendship has not helped Rick and his family, through these very troubling times.....

And to Rick, see you at the Dukes house in Wellington this coming April !

24. farmer12

farmer12

I wish him the best.

25. Rick, stay calm, good to hear you're on the way! you're not to leave by now, i'm working on a my-car-history thread the next days, just for the reason you have to permit some bedtime..

wish all the best to you! keep on, don't wanna even know how to write the word 'condolences'..

Cheers from over here,

Carsten

26. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

bob, thanks for letting us know our family will be praying for him and his family , my he have god speed in a speedy recovery

27. Thoughts and prayer sent his way.

28. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

buckeye prayers sent.....

29. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks for the update. He is a strong person and will make it through this one.

30. hdv32

hdv32

Am currently recovering from four bypasses five weeks ago. He will hate the walks and first three weeks, but will feel better almost every day. Our prayers are with him.