Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Here are some solid clues as I see them :

1) They knew exactly where the car was kept.

2) They either knew how they were going to get inside or they figured that out after getting there.

3) They were either very lucky or knew when you were going to be away.

I think they were more than lucky, I think they knew they had that 5 day window of opportunity. Start looking at who all knew you were going away.........coworkers, friends, and just people you may have mentioned it to. I'm sure you have racked your brains on this one, just dig a little deeper.

Finally, I really don't think that car left via driving it. The car is loud and very noticable. Someone would have seen that happening. They had an enclosed trailer or rollback (and maybe covered the car up). Someone in your area should have seen one of those driving around. Stop at all the gas stations and 7-11's in a 20 mile radius and start showing pictures and asking questions. Every place has video cameras these days, if they stopped for gas or a snack they would have been filmed.

You just can't sneak something like that out of your area , you just haven't run into the right person yet. I also bet the car hasn't really left the area. It seems logical that they would have tried to get it under roof as fast as possible, until the heat dies down.

Don

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Holy shit, Hot Turkey. Whoa.:( I tuned in, thinking we'd see pix from another road trip ... then THIS! :mad:

This theft thing has gotten out of hand. I helped put one thief in prison (though I didn't get my 440 back). Here's praying you get the coupe back,, and they catch the perpetrator(s) and stand them against a wall!

3. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

No way. I got the creeps thinkin what you must have felt the moment you realized what happend. mankind blows. Best of luck from my side.

4. maniac

maniac

I followed this build from the start, this is horrible news, I hope you get the car back, and the fuckers who took get their balls cut off:mad:

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

there is only one acceptable outcome to this

and those that know me know what that is

6. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I keep checking thiss thread and hoping to see it was found and returned, intact.

7. ...And the thieves are not...

10-4, X2 :mad:

8. Mart

Mart

I'm gutted at this horrible news.

I'm not sure, but if you go back to the very original post and edit it, you might be able to edit the thread title and add STOLEN! to it. This would make a lot more people click on it and you never know, one of those clicking on it might suddenly remember something. The more people that know about it the better.

If you add the word STOLEN at the top of the first post, that will appear when a persons mouse hovers over the thread title. Same reason.

I hope you do end up finding it safe and intact.

Mart.

9. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

ditto!!!!

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Good Idea, In Big Red Letters

11. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

:rolleyes:

OKAY, THEN after the de-balling, stand the bastard(s) up against the wall.:cool:

12. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Well, the mods only have limited TIME ... BUT if HAMBers REPORT , you are talking directly to them. See that REPORT bar right in the lower left? Let's REPORT, along with the suggested revision, okay?

13. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

I just did so. Ryan & Kev are busy (day AND night) with HAMB biz. But I think their great judgement will prevail.

14. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Ok we can go with this guys plan than..:rolleyes:

hey I didnt say it..he did.;)

15. Screamin J Pito

Screamin J Pito

Damn. Spent the last three days reading this thread. Was stoked to see the car on the road. So sorry to hear the terrible news. Hope you get you baby back!

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

17. Mike W.

Mike W.

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before today but I have had old hot rod friends in from Az., I will certainly be keeping an eye out for your coupe. What is really strange is that at 0300 this morning I heard an inline 6 drive away and the first thing I thought of was my Jimmie sitting in it's steel building. :eek: Never did like that design of building after a friend had most of his '57 Chevy parts stolen by someone unscrewing the sides but it was all I could afford. I hope the local LEO's show more interest than the ones I dealt with in a couple thefts.

18. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I can only reiterate what so many others have already said..........both about the fantastic build and the punch in the stomach that we all felt when reading the car was stolen.

I will keep watching this thread, looking for the good news of recovery.

Ray

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  19. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

Great job on the build. I have a Wescott full height body and am very happy with it.

20. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Yes it was a great build, and then some freaking ass hole steals it!! makes me sick, I would want to cut the guys balls off and stuff them down his throat

21. Gallichio

Gallichio

Very sad. I did not read every one of the 68 or so pages but mostly looked for photos of your build. What first came to mind to me as an owner of a fiberglass 32 Roadster is how you were changing the minds of people that don't like a car just because it has a body made of something other than steel. You showed them step by step how you put your time, money, artistic talent, heart and soul in to your build. Then I came to see that you are a wonderful and very talented builder. Really awesome work. You have been blessed with a beautiful little girl who helped you work on it. Such wonderful memories that no one can ever take away from you. I have had a car stolen from me and I know how it hurts. I have worked for over 30 years in the electronic security industry ( A.D.T. ) and I have to say if a thief wants something bad enough they will figure a way to get it. You can only put some things in their way to slow them down like alarm systems, motion detectors, cameras, cell/radio backup systems, gps units and so on. I really hope you get your beautiful car back and if not I hope you had the car insured and the insurance company will give you every penny back that you lost. I was told a long time ago not to cry over spilt milk. You can make yourself crazy and sick worrying if you will ever get your car back. I will keep my eyes and ears open here in Chicago. I am sure you will let us know if you get your car back. Have you thought what you and your Daughter might build next? I hope you have a lot more fun with the next one.

22. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Thanks Gallichio, this was my first build. I love working on cars, always have. I dreamed as a kid to some day have a hot rod so I worked my ass off to make it happen. I didn't think it would take 40 years to get there but better late than never. No news on my car as of yet, I meet with the investigators in the morning. I am losing hope that the car will be returned to me in the same shape it was. My little girl told me she would help me build another car. This just tears me up inside, I know it's just a car but I still get emotional when I walk out to the shop.

23. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

^^must say, I saw your name on the last post and was hoping for a happy ending. Good luck.

24. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

I'm heading to Daytona for the Turkey Run, I will look and tell everyone I know there ... SOB !

25. pvcerod

pvcerod
    from Australia

HT...like a Phoenix rising from the Ashes, we watched you build your Dream from the ground up & you made us feel we were part of the build, so believe me when I say we are all feeling for you.....I hope they catch the Mongrels that have done this to you & your Family, especially your Lil shop helper.......trouble is with these types of thefts, there is no way they can pass the Rod on whole, because of it being a known Car......so I'm fearing it would be in many parts by now, but lets hope not.

26. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

It doesn't get much better with time! I had my black '55 Chev gasser stolen in 1971 just months after I completed it. I still don't like thinking about it, and still wonder where it is today.

27. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

I just finished this heartbreaking read i hope you find the people that did this and they get what they deserve. I hope you build another car so I and the rest of the people following along can gain insperation from you. I know you have support from family and friends. I will subscibe so I can hear the rest of the story.

28. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Hope you find her...nothing worse than a low life thief that wants something without working for it. Can't imagine what it is like to see that empty spot where the car was sitting. Best of luck to you.

29. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Blast it all...I was hoping for a " We found it" post today

30. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Btt - this car needs returned