Register now to get rid of these ads!

East coasters + Sandy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOPESphotographics, Oct 29, 2012.

1. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

funny, but faked!

2. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Talked to my pops last night, his wife has been posting a bunch of pictures from Bayridge, Brooklyn, water surge was huge, waves breaking over Shore Road, also he said tons of the old 200+ year old Oak trees were coming down big time...Con Ed also apparently shut off the power sometime last night in South Brooklyn...Not sure when it's coming back on...

3. lookslikerusttome

lookslikerusttome
    from CT

Good thing my daughter is a HAMB member, power is out here and may be for days. Generator, and a lap top, allows me to have contact with the HAMB and outside world. Hope all is well with everyone else! Bob aka The37Kid

4. We did okay by me on the Island. I'm on the south shore and 1.5 miles south of me is pretty soggy. Babylon Village.. tread water! Route 27A is impassable in many areas.

I lost power a few times between 10:30 PM and 5:30 AM, it might be back on for good. Have a yard full of branches and leaves, lost a section of fence and that's about it. I'll deal with it later once it warms up a bit, sun is out now. All in all, can't bitch, lots of people are far worse off than me. 2 blocks over, no power.

Bob

5. Brooklyn got seriously whacked. Breezy Point looks like it took a direct hit too. Lots of big trees down by me too, mostly old oaks and maples that were weak or already part dead.

Bob

6. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Shit! Is this one fake too?

Attached Files:

7. Deuces

Deuces

I would have done the same... Yikes! :eek:

8. Deuces

Deuces

I hope all you guys an' gals are doing ok....
    We gotta deal with what's left of the cyclone...:(.. :rolleyes:

9. Hope everyone pulled thru. Some pretty serious carnage we're seeing on tv from the other side of the world.

10. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah, I'm sittin' here waiting for the news to come on....

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That's a lot of leche'...(milk) My wife says it can be frozen, then thawed in the refrigerator (slowly)

Hope you all are O.K. These hurricanes are the devil's own brew.

12. I'm one of the fortunate few that has the lights on and minor damage to my property. Spent most of the afternoon removing broken tree branches, pine needles and leaves from my property. Gave one of the neighbors a hand too.

I've let friends know that they can stop over, shower, make phone calls and cook if they need to. Got my camping stove lent out. Power utility crews are already out, been hearing fire engines and rescue trucks all day, so if you don't have to go out, stay home.

Not sure if work will be open this week, some major roads are closed and lots of areas probably won't have power for weeks.

Bob

13. wind gusts blew hard enough to vibrate the floor of our house:eek: lost a couple windows in the barn that i was able to replace today, have no power, but the generator is on, customers car is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow but have not heard from him [hope he is ok]. any Hamber in the danbury area need anything?

14. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I hope everyone that was hit manages to pull through and get back to normal.

In Margate, NJ, Lucy the Elephant made it:

[​IMG]

15. This makes me so dam proud to be an American! Hope everyone is making it ok up there. It's soon safer to live in Florida than the NE.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

We are doing OK. God bless all of the Linemen who are doing their best to restore power to everyone up here. We were fortunate to get it back late last night. Quite a bit of tree damage, limbs, and junk all over the roads. Teh towns/state actually hooked up the snow blows and plowed all of the crap off the local roads.

We have all been watching this storm closely since last week and the preperations started last week....we were well prepared to say the least. On the exact same day, one year ago, we were hit with a massive nor'easter which dumped a foot of snow on leaf covered trees. the results were devastating and we were personally without power for 2 weeks. I pray for WV right now who are dealing with the same thing right now.

We had a lot of gusty winds and the shoreline here in CT really got hit hard. Praying for everyone affected by Sandy. Such an unfortunate situation for all :(

17. I spoke to repoman in New Jersey and he told me that his neighbor has an unidentified sailboat in their front yard... shortly after that call his phone died!

18. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm so sick of having to clean up threads like this because someone thinks it should be their clever sounding board. Politics get banned from here on out – done. That's your warning.

Trying to keep this useful because someone may be concerned about another member. Has anyone heard from Bruce Lancaster?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  19. F&J

F&J

That's a good reason to keep this going. Some places are not going to get power/phones back for a long time, so if you can't get a reply from a hamb classified person, it is possible that they might not be able to check in here.....they have bigger issues to deal with right now.

20. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Hopefully everything is alright with folks over there. The HAMB is important but I'm sure it might take a lil' bit to hear from some folks cause I'm sure family and insurance companies might be higher on the scale of importance.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I allmost got killed by this tree that took out my 50.. Im 45 minutes west of NYC in Morris County NJ... the tree also took out 2 other cars and split a garage in two..

[​IMG]

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stady safe folks and let us know if you hear from fellow hambers who may not have internet service and be able to report in.

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

exactly

And I reiterate Kevin's question..Any word about Bruce?

24. gas pumper

gas pumper

I'm about 10 miles away from Bruce, although we have never met.

It's apcolipse armadegen here. Even thou there is very little damage. There is no electricity in most towns. still. Ours was out about 30 hours and the rest of the town is still out. The public transit is parked for no reason.
    Nobody goes to work. Most everything closed. Some gas stations are open with gas lines and $20 limit. There are a lot of abandoned cars on the interstates due to running out of gas. There are no gas tankers running to the stations that are open.
    There are no traffic signals and it's a free for all, a lot of fender benders.

The storm here wasan't as bad as the Oct snow last holloween.

Frank

25. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Wow, six pack. That's really a shame :( Good luck and strength getting it all fixed up again.

26. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, that sucks, but looks like it might have been spared a total and is reasonably fixable, hope so for you anyway. Glad you weren't killed.

27. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

28. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

im alive! its like a war zone over here no power and people ready to kill for gas!!

29. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

lost power monday night still out its very strange around here no lights on in our area like someone pulled the plug.but still here generators running in the distance.

30. thesupersized

thesupersized

Made out fine over here, about 10 miles from New York City, just got a lot of wind, didn't lose power or anything! Sucks about your shoebox six pack! Hope u get it fixed up soon!