Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yeh or Neh-new decals on an untouched car.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 62FORD91, Oct 11, 2012.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

I was just gonna suggest PMing Muttley for the real deal!!!

2. Waterslides from Ebay or Muttley are the only way to go.

Want to "age" them? Quickly wad one up in your hand before you soak it in the water. It produces the breaks & flecks that usually only come with age....& sometimes it totally ruins a decal but Ebay is full of them. It's a $5-$10 gamble but usually worth it.

This was NOS before my 5 year old discovered the "wad" method. ;)

JH

Attached Files:

3. 62FORD91

62FORD91
    from S.Va.

Look,I dont take any of the posts the wrong way. I asked a ques. to get yalls opinions,most people have different opinions and thats what I was looking for. As for the "sticker racer" comment, yes real cars are a progression,and this one will have the look first(because I want it on the road soon) then it'll get the "balls" to match. My other car( a drag radial OT street car) only has 1 sticker,an old nmca fastest street car shootout from the early days of the series. So Im really not a big sticker fan,its just the look I wanted for this car. Most of the pics I have and have seen shows decals on nearly all old super stockers,I have to come here and ask as well as books and research since I wasnt even around when that era of super stockers were running the tracks. So you see,thats why Im here asking for your opinions,no matter how much I agree or disagree.

Thanks guys for the responses.

4. It is going to be a sweet car any way you look at it. A good look and eventually the zot to match. Sounds like a plan to me.

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Back when we were kids (60s), my brother and I would go to the state fair, go to the exhibition buildings and load up on peel-n-stick stickers from automotive vendors. It was a yearly ritual.

BTW, my dad's brother had a white '62 Fairlane that looked like yours (his was 260 powered) that he drove from time he bought it in mid-60s through most of the 70s. I've always liked the '62 Fairlanes because of that

6. 62FORD91

62FORD91
    from S.Va.

Thanks man,I think it'll be a fun car thats different from all the resto muscle cars around here.( not that theres anything wrong with that) A big block would be really bad ass,but since I dont have alot of spare time to spend in the garage,a small block will be the way to go for me. But my plans for a stout small block with nice cam,heads and dual quad intake will do just fine.:D Not to mention a 4 speed...........with overdrive. ;) I've even thought about pulling the engine and trans out of my "other" car and sliding it in there.............who knows. Either way its gonna be a fun car.

7. mow too much

mow too much

May not be what you asked, but I'd say no decals.......you have a good look now.
    But that's just me.;)

8. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said, but man I love that car! Makes me miss my '63 that much more.

9. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

I was going back and forth about putting stickers on my car and windows, then..... i put them on a sheet of thin magnet and cut them out. Now i can run the stickers when i want and run clean when i want. As the windows go, I cut a perfect pattern of the window frame with very thin Lexan and applied the stickers to that and inserted them in the frame with the original glass intact
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. studedudeus

studedudeus

Quit looking for instant patina. There are enough barn-finds and faux barn-finds around already. Give it new stickers and enjoy. If you aren't sure you want them on all the time, put the stickers on magnet sheet, (like the real estate agents use for their door signs) then cut them out and put them on the car. You can take them off anytime.

my $.02

11. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

I'd leave it clean, steels up front and raised up front a tad to level her out. Job done. Thats a cracking car you have their Sir!!! Along with the bigger motor maybe if your adding race style stuff to it, i.e rev counter , fancy shifter, etc, etc you could find some water transfer decals. On a clean car like yours if your going to do something, do it right. It's the small things that count and peel and stick just wouldn't be doing your car any justice.

Anyhow enough of this decal talk, get busy with the one shot and get some proper lettering on there!!!

Good luck:cool: