Register now to get rid of these ads!

East coasters + Sandy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOPESphotographics, Oct 29, 2012.

1. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

I'm in Cape May , not barrier island though , feeling full effect . Feel bad for folks north of me , because I think they are in for it worse than I am .

2. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Stay safe bud

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Good luck guys. We got off pretty easy down here for once and just caught the edge for a bit.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Hahah ..Just sayin':D

Man I hope you all out east can make it thru without it becoming a bad situation.

Its nasty here , but Its nothing like im sure your putting up with

lookin out for fellow hambers

5. Man we are getting some strong ass winds right now:eek:

6. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

GO BACK--you forgot toliet paper!!!!!:eek:

7. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

it's nice in Canonsburg. but it's always nice here.

8. chaw5634

chaw5634

Good luck everyone. Stay Safe and protect those cars.

9. 58prostreet

58prostreet

We've had 10 inches of rain since midday saturday. Wind is steady around 25/30 with gusts to 50mph. I'm about 5 miles from the beach, so we are not getting the heavier winds like the ocean front. I'm worried about the saturated ground and some of the taller trees losing their footing. Any way, safe and dry for the present. Should start winding down in the next 12 to 24 hours.
    Bob

10. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

The winds has picked up here in northern New Jersey. Hold on everyone.

11. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Damn ...thought we might get through this one without loosing power, but the wind has picked up and the lights are flickering . So it could be any minute for us here in Maine.

12. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Thanks, I'm in the cheasepeake bay area, ITS GETTING UGLY OUT THERE. Still have power. But it is really picking up and the worst is still to come.... Stay safe everyone and good luck.

13. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Pretty nasty here in central Mass. It's a blowin' really hard with heavy bands of rain. Praying all trees around me stay put !!!

14. bfnjz52

bfnjz52

Good news! You're not as stupid as you appeared in your other post.

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nah, he has a window. The worlds largest bidet spinning around just off shore, hang your backside out in it and she'll be fine!!:D;)

This is sounding bigger all the time, seriously guys stay safe out there and don't be scared to leave while you can. Everyone is much more valuable than anything.:eek:
    Good luck guys and dolls.

Doc.

16. maniac

maniac

Storm is like 700 miles wide, real windy here in Southeast Ct

17. papajohn

papajohn

The newscasters in Buffalo are hyping it up big time. Not sure why we should believe them, they almost never get the daily weather right. It is getting a little windy and rainy, but nothing scary yet. I guess it's supposed to be worse over night.

I hope you guys on the front line fair ok. I know my brother in Brooklyn said it was getting pretty bad over there.

18. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

We live about 5 miles inland from Ocean City, N.J. So far alot of wind and rain, island has flooding too. Just hope our trees stay where they belong.

19. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

So aren't the Philadelphians !!!:p:) Sorry, couldn't resist :D

20. onelowc10

onelowc10

About 25 miles inland of Long Beach Island here and the winds really picked up now.Never seen anything like it in my 45 years. Dave

21. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Out west of Philly east of Amishland, got about 4" of rain so far, winds blowing hard, so far still have lights. Waiting for this to be over.

22. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

We had the heavy rain and wind till about a hour ago but now its heavy snow and wind. Nothing like living in the mountains of Pa.

23. Blowing hard as we speak. 7" of rain at this time and more to come. Plenty of trees around my garage. I hope i'll be ok. Been here before and all turned out well. Hoping for the same this time.

24. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

So far so good here. Still have power and basement is dry. I don't think we are out of the woods yet. My family and car are safe and that's all that matters!

25. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Just west of Philly we're having high winds, rain gushing in and out of light to heavy, no power outage here yet but a few power surges recently.

Here's a NASA satellite photo of Sandy from 9AM this morning:

[​IMG]

The Elk's Lodge in North Wildwood, NJ earlier today

[​IMG]

26. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

You guys really are getting hammered with the rain. I haven't looked lately but I'm sure we are well over 4 inches. Best wishes to everybody stuck in this crap!

27. I work at a Wastewater treatment plant and we have been hit hard with infiltration, high flows thru the plant and the basement is starting to flood, water comming out of the sump pump electrical outlet, I had a back up plan in case it failed and have to run the 4" trash pump all night so I won't be sleepin at home, thank goodness for the HAMB. Babysittin the pumps all night.

28. cederholm

cederholm

Pretty windy here in NYC!

29. Lost power about 3 hours ago.Running on a generator.Got a 60 foot maple tree down in the back your.......Good thing is that it didn't hit anything important.I guess I'll have plenty of fire wood for next year.Still getting high winds so I hope were out of the woods soon.

30. SycoSteve

SycoSteve

Prayers for all you on the East coast stay safe and dry friends!!