Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 dodge truck carb model #?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DBRoadster, Oct 27, 2012.

1. DBRoadster

DBRoadster

Hey guys,

I've got a 230 flathead 6 out of a 55 dodge 1/2 ton truck and am needing to get a rebuild kit for the carb, but am having a hard time identifying the model as the carb is missing its id tag. Ive looked in my old auto repair manuals and can't find it? It looks like a carter BBS 1 barrel carb with a manual choke, but still not sure of the model #. Any ideas? Having trouble loading a pic.

Thanks

2. wallyringo

wallyringo

3. DBRoadster

DBRoadster

Thanks, but I'm trying to find a carb # id / model # as well. I'm going with a dual carb set up and would like to find a similar carb.

Thanks for the site as well though!

4. wallyringo

wallyringo

good luck those guys might beable to help id it.

5. 56C3B6

56C3B6
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY

The carb ID should be stamped in the angled web over top of the float bowl. Should be something like E7T2. I've had good luck with Mike's Carburetor Parts .

6. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

should be a Carter ball and ball.
    napa auto parts. 2-5066A
    this kit does all of them.

7. DBRoadster

DBRoadster

The E7T2 is a carter BB carb. The carb that came on mine is a carter BBS 1 barrel carb. It doesn't have an angled web on it. Dodge started using the BBS in 55 and replaced the old BB carb. Finally able to get a pic loaded of it. Here is what came off the motor.

Attached Files:

8. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

I would punch in the year, make and model on Napas website. I bet they will have a kit for it.

9. 56C3B6

56C3B6
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY

OK, lets try again... my shop manual reprint says a C3 - B6,C6,D6 models with Powerflite would have a BBS 2226S. Looks like yours but has an automatic choke. A BBS 2227S is listed for V8 models with manual choke and a BBS 2288S for the CN6, DN6, FN6, also an has automatic choke. Your picture appears most like the 2227S model. Hope that helps.