Register now to get rid of these ads!

T5 crossmember

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oakmckinley, Oct 27, 2012.

1. oakmckinley

oakmckinley

Hi I have another T5 thread going but I wanted to ask specifically about this.

I installed a T5 in my 64 Ford Fairlane, and am wondering what to do about the crossmember.
    I understand it'll have to be custom, but 1.) where do you have such a custom crossmember made?, 2.) where should I attach it to the body? my fairlane doesn't have the trans crossbracing like an early mustang, and the framerails don't extend that far back? Do I have one bent out of exhaust tubing and flatten the ends and bolt it to the body?

Any ideas would be great! Thanks:D

2. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

Give me a minute, I'll go take pics of mine. I made it out of 1 x 2 and it bolts in the original location.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  3. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

Ok, here ya go. I forgot I added about a 2" section of angle iron so it would fit. I also had to add a plate from cross member to trans mount so it would clear the tail housing. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. oakmckinley

oakmckinley

THANK YOU!!

I was thinking of extending the existing mounts but didn't know if it would hold.
    Thanks again for the photos!