Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Mexicali Merc, another 40 Custom in the works

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Sledge, Mar 17, 2012.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

Lol !! say it like it is Zed :p

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I double envy you Kevan.

3. sled

sled

Not because is mine and i feel (of course) biased,but Kev's work increased the quality of his work a lot with my car...cause fooling around another 10 years are gone since he built his masterpiece..and now with new eyes and experience quality just becames a whole lot higher,its normal...passion,love,dedication,sweat makes the rest...

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

Well spoken sled!

5. Great Mercs Sled. The mexi-cali looks so good. Love the Grandpa Merc too, wow.

6. sled

sled

Hey Mel bro,thanks for the kind words...you made me laughin hard on the Grandpa one...actually they are almost twins ..devil is the details,ya know;)

btw,you're doing madly great as usual with your Gentleman race idea,great attitude and concept and it will be killer,no doubt..best to you

7. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Not a lot happening right now, just looking for parts. We finally got some garnish moldings and outside stainless so that was a big piece of the puzzle! Thanks Shawn!!!;) They will need some work but we're happy to have them!
    [​IMG]

Still looking for some nice rear fenders!:(

8. sled

sled

Ahhh,the infamous stainless trimming...gee,thanks a lot to find these Kev,a pain to get em...Shawn,i dont know you but great karma always pay back,just wait and see...thanks again :D

9. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Maybe we should have a bigger container to Europe in the spring, so that MexiCali is ready for A-Bombers OSW next summer

Is there any dates for Santa Maria 2013

10. sled

sled

Hey Tim,that's a great idea...easy to ship n to orthern Europe from Long beach,and we can share a 40" container...we can fit more junk in there too!!Rotterdam will be cheaper on import duties

Santa Maria is usually end of may,if memory serves me well...so,there is still time to receive the cars for OSW early august...it will take a full month to get em in Europe...25 days sea freight plus couple days customs stuff to take possession of the container...will work fine Tim

11. Looks good guys. Santa Maria is always the Memorial Day long weekend so that would be the 25-27th Next year.

12. chip chipman

chip chipman

Santa Maria is the 24-25-26 of May 2013 or 224 days from NOW!!!!!

13. I work in the Rotterdam harbour, so if you need some help there let me know. ;)

Hennie

14. sled

sled

Ullalalalalaa,perfect Hennie...advice gladly taken!!!Cool to have the fellow Hambers strategically positioned all over,ah!!!Thanks

15. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

ok, so whats the plan now? Tims merc is going to Santa Maria and Reno's merc is going to Sweden? When were you guys going to tell me about this?? :eek:

16. sled

sled

Ah,ah,ah...no worries buddy,mine stays up there in CA for now...and Santa Maria is the goal ...we've been messin around a bit :D

17. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Ha Ha Sled are you backing out ;-))

Wish i could go to Santa Maria too and meet you there

This Sounds like one of the best shows

18. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

It would be cool to get it over to OSW!

Yeah Santa Maria is a great show for customs. We can make it happen if you want Tim! Just need to leave it over here for a few more months!

19. sled

sled

Kev and Tim....it all depends if i got extra cash to play...first of all to get the Merc in good running shape,bare metal for now its fine..Santa Maria is what we planned Kev and myself and i stick to the plan...is a MUST BE event for customs,so Tim if you can make the trip,its more than worth it..

Being Santa Maria end of may we still have a full month to play around and get the shipping done at the very last end of june,container takes a full month to arrive in Scandinavia,lets say Gothenburg or Rotterdam if we want to save on import fees ...but then we have to drive up north to Sweden...and all this stuff requires some good cash to play..sharing the 40" container will help for sure,cutting the costs in half for us

Then for me after spendin some time in Scandinavia i will have to resend the Merc back to Long Beach,in case in a good company to pay the shipping bills ..probably with a car or two to resell over here ...then the fun is payed for,ya know..that's basically my plan but i have to figger out all details..if i have extra cash to play i will go this way,would love to be at the line up at the OSW...Kev,you wanna join us???

20. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Sled... I did think, it was just for fun, and yes it is very expensive to do that for you
    We have a 5% tax in Denmark on old cars, but many % on parts, so a driving car is cheap to import if it is before 1950, when it is for a vacation there should not be any Tax at all, i will ask the shipper i know here

Kevan, you should go with Sled all the way to A-Bombers, this is the year to do, it for you :)).

I would love to come over to Santa Maria, thanks for the offer, but it is to early to decide this, but it is high on my list

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  21. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Tim I would really like to go, but it's still too early for me too. I've got 3 more mercs coming so I might be busy, but It would be cool!

22. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Kevan and Sled!

Palle and i will pick you up and take good care of you with plenty of beer and food, so that should be easy for you, and we will do our best to even find a proper car for you

With the good work you do ,Kevan, i know Many more Mercurys will show up at your place,
    so you better get used to be Busy :))

There is plenty of time to think this over

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  23. Lovin' where this car is going buildwise.............subscribed

24. sled

sled

Wow guys ,that's an offer we cannot refuse...working on it,you bet;)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  25. sled

sled

Wow guys ,that's an offer we cannot refuse...working on it,you bet;

sorry for the double post,too fast

26. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Man that does sound great Tim! Im going to try to make this happen!

27. 40mercFlathead

40mercFlathead

Kevan, I can get the fenders to you I just need to make the drive to round up all the parts.

You guys sure make me want to chop my Merc!

Shawn

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

28. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Thats sounds great Shawn! And yes we should chop your merc!:p

29. ram-rod

ram-rod

Hi sled, hi everyone else that is looking on. With their tongue's hanging out.
    Could we see some. More shots of the grandpa car. I have a forty deluxe and I am interested in the roof mechanism and how it all mounts in. Also the custom work if some one could take some time to point out the difference's. thanks IanH

30. sled

sled