Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. davidh73750

davidh73750

I see that stuff usually 73-87gm truck going up I-35 all the time in the northbound lane. truck pulling is usually wisconsin tag or some where in the rust belt

2. mjruns

mjruns
    from az

Help! Looking for an old jalopy sitting in the Phoenix area for a engagement photo shoot for my daughter. Not looking to scarf up parts - I just love the character of abandoned vehicles.

Thanks!

MJ - MILF of the Bride ;-)

3. MrModelT

MrModelT

Man! good stuff in that yard! '58 Buick in the top pic, '57 or '58 Cadillac Eldorado Broughams in the 2nd and last pics...and a nice looking '48 to '50 Packard rag-top in the 3rd pic.

Would love to have that Packard :D

4. davidh73750

davidh73750

Mr Model T, go to county court house look it up just like landmen do for mineral rights

5. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Have a friend in contact with this property's owner. They've been trying to come to a deal on all of the Broughams.

6. Low-Blow

Low-Blow

I hope something gets done. I hate seeing all those cars going to waste.

7. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

I've seen that bird sitting. Drove past it a hundred times. It's a shame. In fact everything in his yard has been sitting for years.

8. gonmad

gonmad

Next time you're out there, snap a few pics and shoot over to me please.
    Thanks!
    Jimmy

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

That Continental needs to be saved. A true work of art on wheels.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Double post for some reason.

11. Model T1

Model T1

A continental like that was my dream car when I was a snot nosed paper boy walking past a new one everyday. Can't believe some of the great cars turning to rust.

12. LowBlow - know the place....pretty sure the old guy is still around - family is just waiting it out.....

13. What the hell is it?

14. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

I don't personally know, but LN7 says it's a Dodge:

15. I've been to some of the remotest places on Earth and a shape of a car roof or bumper will catch my eye and I'd find a stripped out abandoned car many miles from a road or a house and just wonder "How and why the heck this car ended it's life at this spot????

I was out in a Texas desert and saw a 40 Buick partly up a mountain all balled up and stripped of any valuable pieces and I asked a local guy how it got up there? and he exclaimed... "You saw a car up there???

Next he pulled out a topographical photo of the Mountain and asked me where I found it and I showed him and neither of us could see a road or a way for that thing to be perched that high on boulders.

All we could guess is that a tornado went through a junkyard and deposited it on that hill... either that or a space alien taking one of our old antique cars out for a test flight!

16. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

It's like this Dodge. :)

[​IMG]

Though in this photo the side windows don't seem to be inset as deep as yours, in photos of 27's they appear to be the same amount of inset.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

One of the tow truck drivers that come into my work said he has three " old Ramblers " for me . I work until noon today if it's not snowing I'll drive out to his place and get some pictures or maybe even another "project". He didn't know the years of them .

18. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

WOW! My cousin had two of these Continentals. One was low mileage that he bought from some old lady and the other he restored. Cool cars, I was most impressed! I loved the air conditioning vents in the head liner.

19. zeke1270

zeke1270
    from Alberta

"Desotochero"............best vehicle name ever!!

20. I like that Dodge now that I see what it is. Definitely worth a shot at saving.

21. 327Eric

327Eric

22. 327Eric

327Eric

23. 327Eric

327Eric

24. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Does anyone know what year these are? I couldn't find anything that said.he said he would hold them for me until spring time if I wanted them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

26. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I saw this house on my way back from the Ramblers.

27. i want this!!!!

28. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Yeah I think you are right.I did a lil googling and that looks about right. They are 4 doors but neat old cars . I like the little fins on the two. One motor turned by hand one didn't and one was missing a engine all together .I figure I will save them from the crusher hold on to them until someone else wants them or get one going for myself.

29. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup, all three are "Classics", the front a 61 Custom, the middle a 64 550, and the back a 61 Super. Most of them around here have been crushed, nice to see you are trying to save.

30. essexrat

essexrat