Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen hot rod in florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Have we started a REWARD if someone from the HAMB finds the car? I would like to donate $100 to start it.

Frenchy

2. Page 1 again.

3. y-oh-y

y-oh-y

Marknkimbelys29, Your avitar, what was that series of stickers called ? I remember them from when I was a kid. btt

4. Fool wouldn't wanna be down here.:cool:

5. davedriveschevy

davedriveschevy

Back to the top.
    This is one I hope makes its way back home, so much heart and soul in it.

6. awsome answer spoggie!

this is what i think the situation is now. if who ever has this car has seen the internet they know that 1000's of people around the world are looking for it. it's hidden somewhere and they're scared to move it. i hate to say it, but, say they decide to dissmantle the car or already have. sure they could strip the paint and sell the stuff that unbolts. the frame and body are very unique with the full nut and bolt build right here where a very large part of the hot rod community hangs out.

there is a very good chance that anyone here would recognize the body or the frame if it came up for sale somewhere. especially the body being fiberglass with the brookville firewall and the winshield frame and many other modifications to make it look like a steel car. you just don't see that. it would stick out like a sore thumb even in primer at a swap meet. if someone decided to build the car, paint it a different color. same deal. some one some where will notice. they're screwed. what they have is almost worthless to them.

it's been said many times already. someone knew where it was and when HT was going to be gone. thats too small of a town for a random break in and "look what we found" situation. and also i don't think a random burgler would steal only the car if they would take the car at all.

bttt and another "this sucks"

7. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Ugh...this is exactly what I thought after watching the news story. BUT I've got my eyes peeled and my fingers crossed! JohnnyA

8. Couple random thoughts...I doubt that if the thieves went to all the trouble to steal that particular car, and didn't touch anything else in the garage, then they probably aren't looking to just part it out.

It would be very difficult to move a unique automobile like that out of the country unnoticed. I am a former US Customs Officer, and anytime a car like that came through the port, I would get at least 3 calls from other officers, telling me to come check out a cool car.

Yes, it is a very distinctive car, and we all like to think that we would be be able to recognize it. But in reality, change the color and wheels, and it is not so recognizeable. Lots of similar appearing cars out there. My thinking is that it is probably going to be repainted and have some different tires & wheels added and then sold as a complete car. You might check to see if there are some shady paint shops or sketchy hot rod shops in the area. Ask around and see if they know of any top shelf hotrods that have recently come on the market.

9. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

Page 2 won't do. BTTT

10. i am still keepinan eye pealed
    bak to da top

11. TBARA Wildchild

TBARA Wildchild

12. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Thanks for all the input guys, I spent more than 3 years building that car, it's a part of the family. I've got top notch investigators helping me. It's what they do, I'm sure the thieves will get caught. I think the thieves are scared shitless, it's been on TV 5 times, in the paper and millions of people know about it now.

13. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Hope they are sitting on it, stashed away, and you'll get it back complete.
    Also hope they aren't getting any sleep, pretty sure that they know now,
    they took a high profile car.

14. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Keep us up to date man. Here is to hoping that they find it for ya! I know that it has really affected a lot of us.
    J

15. Model T1

Model T1

Thanks to the HAMB and internet in general, plus everyone you have checking, the odds are better than in the past. Hopefully someone will get a lead and find your car.

16. I'm sure you have good insurance, right?

17. west coast BTT

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

19. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

20. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

what a beautiful car. how can people be so disrespectful?

21. knotttty

knotttty

and bttt again,.... keep it going..

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Up again for the early shift.

Don

23. getting up this morning on "the other side of the pond" hoping to see some good news,been following this and the build thread, I really hope You'll get it back.

Up up up to the top then...

24. Grumbler

Grumbler

I'm normally fairly laid back but after seeing the pictures of that little girl in the build thread I swear to hell I'd drive over the legs of whoever stole that car...

This bumps for Shelby

25. 31 5w

31 5w

Watching Mt. Dora area for you.

26. 26Troadster

26Troadster

watching in alabama, was hoping to see good news.

27. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Puttin' 'em together, and BTTT for Hot Turkey ! And I'll add another $50.00,

'cause I stayed out of the "Jiggle Shop" last night :D

28. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

This makes me sick. All the work on that coupe, the time, all gone. Friends laugh at me because of the security measures I tell them to do. You have xxxxx in your car and tools why not xx in security.

So sad to see this beautiful coupe stolen. Like home burglaries which probably 7x out of 10 is someone you know, someone said something to someone. I hope you get your coupe back and the thieves rot in hell after a long painful stay in the hospital

29. Still hoping for good news. BTT for the cause.

30. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

really dig that car, can we get it back to where it belongs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.