Register now to get rid of these ads!

answered prayers for my daughter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28RPU6, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 28RPU6

28RPU6

I got home on Wednesday after work and my 9 year old daughter was watering the horses, so i went over to give her a hug and say hello. She told me that her foot felt funny, so i asked more questions. She said it was not asleep but felt heavy. Then she said that she felt a little dizzy but not in her head, just in her body. I went to get my blood pressure cuff and asked my wife (a R.N.) to come look at her. One minute later I came out and she said her left arm went numb and so did her left cheek and lip so I immediatly called 911. They were there in a couple of minutes and of to the ER we went with a possible stroke. Once at the hospital, they pulled blood and did a CT scan quickly and she started having a horrible migrain and we just waited on results. She started getting feeling back but then it happened again and they started giving medicine mostly narcotics to relieve the pain. Later they did an MRI and all results came back clear. No stroke, great heart and lung function, no clots. Later did an EEG which showed a seizure had occured in the right rear area of her brain. Most people who have one never have a second but if she does have a second they say they will start medication which is usually very sucsessful with this type of problem. All in all, that is the best news I could have recived. Its is not a stoke, not permenantly debilitating, and treatable if necessary. She is now on some meds for the migrains.
    It is amazing what is important untill you are racing through traffic behind an ambulance with your baby possibly having a heart attack. I have not slept much in a couple of days. We were released from the hospital late last night,and I woke up regularly just to check on her. She is sleeping in our room for now, but everything looks good.
    She is the coolest little girl, she loves the old cars, loves getting dirty and working on them with me. She loves hanging out with all of my car buddies. They all treat her like one of the gang. I am so thankful for our ansewered prayers.

2. butch27

butch27

God bless the little one.Been there, done that.

3. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

good wishes coming your way

4. kracker36

kracker36

She will be a fighter. Hope all is well my friend!

5. Well on a scale of one to ten a seizure or good health seizures are an 11. But a seizure and a stroke a seizure is a zero.

I went to college with a young lady about 5 years ago now that developed a form of epilepsy and was having seizures dailey. They took her driver's liscense and I helped her parents get her to and from whatever and watched her while we were at school. Her parents thought that her life was over but the doctor assured them that it really wasn't the end of the world. it took them about 6 months to get her medication regulated and the state waited another 6 months to grant her driving priveleges again. She is now living a full life and a very successfull young lady.

Not the end of the world they have come a long way with treatments since I was young and probably you as well.

Seizure way better than stroke any day of the week. The girl will do just fine.

6. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Thank god it wasn't something real bad, best wishes and prayers to you all.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

my prayers are with you

8. rustang

rustang

Prayers headed your way.. the little one are very resiliant, and stronger than they look... :)

9. Forced 382

Forced 382
    BANNED

A similar situation happened with my daughter a few years back. As it turned out m hers were brought on by having a very high fever. Might want to have your doctor have a look into that. All the best to your little girl as well as you and the rest of your family.

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Whew!! That was tough to read. Glad she's ok. Give her a hug from Flatheadpete.

11. Orange Crate

Orange Crate

Your daughter and your family are in my prayers!!

12. misordia

misordia

Sorry to hear that man. Hoping for the best. Your family is in my prayers.

13. OfficerBimbo

OfficerBimbo

God bless your daughter and our prayers are with you.

14. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

Glad she is OK.

15. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

Thats Great News, makes really appreciate whats important in life!

16. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

FANTASTIC news 28RPU6!!! :)

Sometimes these stories don't end how we all wish they would, but thankfully she came out ok. Things like this sure put life into perspective. Best wishes for her and your family.

Ed

17. I know you must have been scared to death. And I'll bet she was too.Keep reassuring her that she can be fixed. And may God bless and be with your family.

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm praying for her man! Good to hear she's doing better. Scary stuff....

19. dinokruzordinance

dinokruzordinance

My boy had a similiar issue and is now celebrating his 22nd birthday. Events like these put prespective in your life atleast for me...sounds like things will be ok. You probably affected a number opeople here with your msg ...they will take a pause to value that which is important. Wish your family the best.

20. ibuild

ibuild

praying for a long and healthy life, and peace for yall

21. Model T1

Model T1

My first read for today. Jumped right to this. Our prayers are with you. A scary thing to happen. Good luck to your daughter.

22. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

God has other plans for her,she will do great things

23. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

Something like this really puts things in perspective. JC

24. chicken coupe cook

chicken coupe cook

GOD is the greatest! I hope this country never forgets that!

25. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow...quite a rollercoaster ride for you guys. Bless your family.

26. Nobey

Nobey

Praying for strength, for You and your Daughter.

27. SIC98

SIC98

What's most important indeed, my prayers for your family...Brian

28. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Whooooo...... Not cool! Glad it should work itself out! Go give her a hug!

29. Weird A

Weird A

Wil keep you in our prayers,glad to hear good news , Good for her to tell you soon not too late.
    Bill

30. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Makes you realize in a heartbeat how very unimportant things like cars are. Hope all is well. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.