Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes Yokohama, 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teddisnoke, Oct 22, 2012.

1. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Anyone making the trek? Seven of us so far in our group. Impromptu bar set up out of the trunk of the Rocket, moonshine disguised as motor oil....
    [​IMG]

2. I will not make a "trek", maybe ride my bicycle or just catch a bus over to the venue....

3. henryj429

henryj429

Hey, so that's the car on the poster....So what's the deal, did you ship it over for the show?

I will be in Omiya the previous week on business. I'm trying to stay through the weekend so I can get to the show. If it works out, I will send you a PM.

4. Looking forward to seeing the photos,,hopefully I will see Akira and my old sedan in some of the photos. HRP

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I won't be there, but I just like to make it know that Rez of the Corsair's Car Club is gonna be there. Here's is a bitch'n drawing of his ride that will be there.

[​IMG]

6. PurHell

PurHell
    from So Cal

What a show to be able to go to! Pictures..pictures and more pictures..

7. Am looking forward to meeting all, we need to set up a time and place to get a "class photo"... Goes without saying, if I can assist with anyone, I will do my best to accommodate if I can.

8. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Rez's car is bitchin. Just got the newest issue of Moon, and they did some cool pics of it. ike the idea to get a pic of everyone there.I'm sure there will be many opportunities, but what I hope the most for is pictures of all of us driving around on the streets. Rez's car will echo for miles with the song that comes from his exhaust.... We better not get lost.....:D

9. Dale, Have you spoke with the Moon people about possibly doing a cruise??

10. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Not sure, we are kinda on their itinerary. I do believe we make the drive from the port to the venue. Motorcycles and cars. I'm driving mine, it'll be loud....

11. Are all vehicles arriving on the same ship?? When is the pickup scheduled?? Who is your POC at Moon, Steve?? I believe he is the only native speaker there. Another of the employees there at the store has a nice A roadster and of course, Shige has a couple of Camaros presently sitting in the garage out back of the sales store/restaraunt. A video of a parade in from the port would be very cool, and probably already thought about... You will be impressed, if not already, with the efficiency of the event and people here.

12. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

Rezz is going to kill it out there. He also helping me with my coupe hope it comes out as sick as his 29...

13. Cruisin' Magazine. most recent edition.

Attached Files:

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Mooneyes - Japan - 21st Annual Yokohama Hot Rod Custom Show 2012 - Dec 2.
    if you can not make it there - Mooneyes - USA - Xmas Party Show and Drags 2012 - Dec 8 - Irwindale Speedway

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Is that you/your car that's at Willie's that he's doing for this event as well as his? Rez has mentioned it to me. Seen Rez last Wednesday night grabing a quick bite to eat @ the Broiler and was off as quick as he arrived to go work on the rides to make the shipping dead line.

Good luck and have fun
    Johnny

16. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

[​IMG]
    Rez's roadster is louder than mine!!

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

not sure if the other usual suspects are going...
    but I am heading over again this year.
    I have not been in 2 years and my toy stock is way down (our other business is selling import toys)
    Hope to see some others there!

18. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

It's been 5 years already, John, and I'm just starting to get an itch to go again...

But then I think of what I could buy for the car with that money......but then I think of the shopping spree I could do at Mooneyes......but then I'd have to visit with the in-laws....but then I might have that comeraderie with all of the other Flygins.....

19. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Subscribed. Take photos!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. henryj429

henryj429

Guys...I need a little advice from someone who know their way around the area.

Teddisnoke and Rez are staying at the Continental which is way out of my price range and has no rooms available for Saturday night. What other hotels are near by,maybe a little cheaper? I'll be coming from Omiya through Toyko. A few tips on working through the train travel and then how to get to the show sight from the station would help.

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I am staying at the Washington Hotel - it is about 20 minutes away - MUCH MUCH cheaper and the staff at the hotel speak english.
    Take a couple of subway stops and then walk through the big mall and you are there.

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

well - I am sure we would love to seeya!

23. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Ohhhhhh Omiya....it's the Bronx of Japan:D

2 train systems - Tokyo Metro & JR

maps etc
    http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/subwaymap/index.html

Trip Calculator is THE BEST!!!!!
    http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/s...h_target=route&facility=reserved&sum_target=7

Get a JR Pass, too!!
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298184-c95742/Tokyo:Japan:Japan.Rail.Pass.html

24. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

25. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

3rd year im missing it :( have fun, take lots of pics! spending all my money and pushing harder every year until i get that "scholarship" haha. my bike went last year , just with its new owner not me...

26. henryj429

henryj429

Thanks Mark. I see I have some homework to do. I have all day Friday to struggle my way to Yokohama. Sunday I have to catch a plane, so I can't screw that travel up.

We should set up a club or private group or whatever its called on the HAMB to exchange our travel plans and contact into.

27. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Counting down the days, now....

28. Any chance others would be interested in a "class photo"?? Maybe meet at Dale's car at 1030 or 1100??

29. lowdown

lowdown

Fly out in a couple of days cant wait love japan. Any hints for the show? have been told to get there early.

30. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

I went in '06 and really had a blast. I have wanted to return every year since but for one reason or another haven't. However, I think I have convinced Mrs. Acme to go in 2013 and stay for a week after. She already put in for the time off.