Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen hot rod in florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Keep the faith man. I hope it turns up unharmed for you

2. Sounds like they DROVE it away... I would imagine there was a trailer nearby... Or they were total idiots.

Webster is coming soon... if they are total idiots, it'll be there.

3. greaser

greaser

4. ev88f

ev88f

quite a few swaps coming up in the area; webster, zephyrhills, moultrie and daytona. hopefully somebody sees something

5. We'll keep an eye out up here.

6. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

7. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

HT,

Sorry to hear about this right in our own backyard. I'll let the rest of the Salvagerz C.C. know to keep a look out down here. As for the thief, I have one in the chamber waiting for them to show up.

8. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

9. Ramjet

Ramjet
    BANNED

You guys may think I'm crazy, but we installed a Lojack on my 34 within hours of it hitting the garage. If the car is stolen, they'll never find the pod and I'll at least find the body.

10. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

The thieves are either sending it overseas or going to "knock it in the head" and part it out unless they are really stupid. Let's hope they are stupid and try to unload it as is. Good luck on the search. Sorry this happened.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

with all these stolen cars going overseas I'm suprised we haven't seen any here in show coverage from over there.

12. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Back up it goes.

Scotty

13. 68wagon

68wagon

btt
    this SUCKS

14. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

No good news yet, I met with another investigator this morning and he told me he WILL find the car. Just a matter of time. They all find it strange that no tools or other items where taken. He said that most of the time is about getting money for a drug fix. Our cars were gone for 5 days so anyone scoping the place out would have known we were gone. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out who did this to me.

15. Skirv

Skirv

Makes my blood boil. I sure hope they find your car Dave.

16. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Everyone is keeping their eyes and ears open, the HAMB is a pretty big community. I wish you all the best. I'm in Ks, but you never know what will turn up where and when. Lippy

17. Let's all stay positive about finding Dave's coupe and forget all the unpleasant things. HRP

18. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Hot Turkey - I really hate to ask but any chance this could be an inside job?

19. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Every time I open this thread (quite a bit) I hope to see a pic of you standing next to your hotrod with a huge smile on your face....Not anymore!! Dirtbag.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

20. As do the rest of us! HRP

21. SS350Sport

SS350Sport
    from Utah

Came here, hoping for good news. Read through the build thread yesterday and cannot even begin to imagine how devastating this is to you and your family.

22. dad-bud

dad-bud

Yep, still hoping for good news - soon!!!

23. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Keeping an eye out up here in the midwest, really hope this car gets found fast!

24. Really sorry to hear this. Hope you can find your coupe and get the scum that done this.
    I will be on the lookout in this area.

25. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Turkey Run is only a few weeks away, so a whole bunch of us will be on the lookout for the car or parts.

Don

26. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Someone said that the stolen cars will be shipped overseas...I dont think so.I've heard this from a freight company manager from Florida,that Miami customs can be really difficult authorities,even if the title is fine.Just misspelling or otherwise wrong filled forms and thats it.
    They can be really difficult in here too,if there is something strange on the papers.And thats a good thing.
    Anyway,i hope the owner will get his car back.

27. pitman

pitman

It would seem likely, that security cameras in different locations would be able to offer pics that captured trailers or towing in that same timeframe, around the area of the owner's car. These days plates are often tracked, to ID the vehicle-owner. Small town, so perhaps low traffic and less high-tech surveilance.
    Eyes of the HAMB do make a real difference.

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sticky?
    no?

ok,... bump than

29. Model T1

Model T1

What's scary is the crooks may be HAMB members. The more we say the more they know where not to go and will probably either part the car out soon or store it for a long time.
    Sadly, there are several large Florida car shows coming up soon. If I had a collector car I'd be afraid to park it at the Dew Drop Inn Motel or anyplace else.
    Times sure have changed. Altho none of mine are fancy or expensive, we used to park in the boonies and climb a mountain or walk a beach all day long. Be afraid to walk in Wal Mart now.
    Let's keep listening and looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.