Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paintjob went wrong - Need advice - Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ctfortner, Jun 19, 2012.

1. ctfortner

ctfortner
    from West TN

Sorry man, its not that I dont want to, just havent been able to. I havent gotten home any day this week before dark. Not even just dark, but also dog tired. Its hunting season here (deer) and the juvenile hunt is the weekend and my 10 yr old is going on her first hunt this weekend. I been working hard getting our "condo" built before Saturday :). Its coming pretty good

[​IMG]

2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Jeez, got cable? Lippy:D

3. FANTASY FACTORY

FANTASY FACTORY

DITTO, and to quote my father,

"IF YOU DIDN'T DO IT, WTF ARE YOU BRAGGING ABOUT? HOW MUCH YOU SPENT?"

Sorry to hear about your humping, but....

4. ctfortner

ctfortner
    from West TN

Heat n Air installed tomorrow :rolleyes:. Just trying to make it comfy warm and quiet for my cant sit still or quit talking daughter.

5. ctfortner

ctfortner
    from West TN

Hell here we go again with this shit. Yea man, thats definitely it right there. I guess we cant brag about the house we have, or the truck I bought, or the pool we put in last summer.. Didnt build them myself either but everyone still enjoys the hell out of it. The paintjob is a fraction of what has been done to my car, and all of it was done by me so I do think bragging rights would still be in order. I cant do everything, but I do what I can.

6. I'd still love to see the pics of the redone job!!!!

7. So let's see the cars you built yourself...

8. ctfortner

ctfortner
    from West TN

Ok, but the pics arent the best, car is in my shop and the lighting and flash just dont make it easy. Its not perfect, but its "I can live with it now" for what I paid. I have found some chips here are there that were not fixed but all in all I am pleased enough to move on and get to driving this thing.

I forgot to get pics of the inside of the doors, I dont know if (or how well) he cleaned them out, but he sprayed some stuff in there (black) and they look much better and drain holes are present again.

This is where the large crack in the paint was, where they shaved the hood. This was fixed and the paint matches perfect, happy with that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The roof was stripped, drip rail cleaned out and seam seal applied, repainted a new color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 body parts that were overlooked and not painted are now painted, and match very well, happy with that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where the door and fender were rubbing...door adjusted, paint fixed and blends in well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The front and rear windshields were removed, cleaned of all tape and shit, and reinstalled correctly. Now the stainless trim fits much better and there is not gaps like there were

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Yep,looks nice I really like the colrs.I drove a 56 for many years.

10. I'm glad you've finally got at least enough that you feel you can move on and finish it. Good luck, git-r-don and go drive it and have some fun!!!!!

11. High5

High5

Wow! what a story to tell. Glad you got most things worked out and like others have said, great color combination. If nothing else is learned by this thread, you need to do your homework on choosing a reliable and reputable paint and body shop. References, references, references. Check the Better Business Bureau also.

Had my own set of problems with a so called paint professional. But that's another story.

12. robertsregal

robertsregal

13. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I'm glad it worked out. I'm a fan of that color. I'm repainting my motorcycle a similar shade soon.

14. wow. you have the patients of Jobe, I would have hurt him by now... good on you, glad it all worked out

15. MTR-HD-Ordie

MTR-HD-Ordie

I've read every post, and I'm glad to see it's turning out OK. Still sad to have to jump thru all the hoops, hopefully other people can learn from the experience. Seems like enough advice was given to choke a horse, but that's what was asked for.

like others have said, it's a good reason to try and do as much as one can for themselves, but that just doesn't work for everyone.

16. shadams

shadams

Nice, been following this for a while, glad to see it has been resolved. Now, if we can just find that roadster in FL I can sleep again....

17. markl350

markl350

Happy to hear it turned out so well after all the problems...the color is perfect!

18. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Really glad to see a follow up on this one. Good that the guy finally came through with meeting your expectations. At least that is something. Have fun putting her back together and enjoy the process. Post up some more pics when you get further along. PS: Love the color combo.