Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1953 Chevy 150

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NotNuRodz, Oct 29, 2010.

1. skoh73

skoh73

Paint looks great! My Ford is Seafoam green, and when I repaint it I plan on doing the top in dark green like yours. Looks sharp.

2. robleticia

robleticia

Nice color AND wheel choice!

3. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Hopefully some of you will be able to see it out at salina if i get it done in time.

4. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Alright now I have a new problem and need some help!!! So the transmission i have in the car grinds when you put it into 2nd and 3rd. I have the opportunity to buy a 3 speed from a 55 chevy, will it bolt up to my 216 and the factory transmission mount? Any help would be great.

Oh yea I also have a five speed from a mid 90's firebird, how much work does it take to get that to bolt up to the 216 and the transmission mount?

5. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Nice work and a very nice colour to boot!!

You should check out Speedway motors/eBay/H.A.M.B classifieds for speed parts for the 235/216 you have.... A 2x2 intake, finned valve cover and finned side plate would be cool....

Keep us posted.

HC.

6. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

love it, thanks for the build pix. looks good

7. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

well i finally got the new wheels and tires on the car. I kinda miss the others i had on it but i think once the car is lowered down a bit this set up will look right at home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 1955 LEDSLED

1955 LEDSLED
    from LONG BEACH

your car looks real nice. Nice work

9. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

thanks glad some people can appreciate what a teenager can do :D

10. indigenous

indigenous

slam it it looks great good job

11. thirdstreettito

thirdstreettito

Beautiful car! If it were mine I'd add wide whites and lower it about 6".

12. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

So i'm off to school now at Pittsburg State University, but the project has not come to a complete halt. I'm lucky to have a dad that loves working on these old cars just as much as I do and yesterday he got out into the shop and installed the headlights and added a little trim to the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. man i love that color.

14. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

Agreed light green rocks and fits all 50s cars!

15. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

16. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

for some reason I new you would love this color too.

Nice job

Godspeed
    MrC.

17. I enjoyed following your progress, but I would. I just got mine kinda finished.

Attached Files:

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Pretty car, I gotta set of Raders on my 59 El Camino, love those wheels.

19. rand1941

rand1941
    from denver

It's back!!!!!!!!!!.my name is Randy I bought the 53' off ebay.I just happend to find this thread looking for some parts.The 53'made it to denver In one piece.I was happly surprized when the car drove of the transport and in to my driveway.I bought the car on a whim,after getting blown out of the water on 6 differnt 64'chevells.To be honest I expected the 53' to be paint holding up the door handels!There is a few holes in the floor pan that can fixed in a afternoon.over all the "kid" did a real nice job on the paint work.My plans are simple and Im not a "classic "nut .The drive line is for sale,no smoke no oil leaks on the six cyl.I bought a compleat IFS front disc suspension,a T-56 trans,and a 3:73 posi Disc 4 bar rear end,and a drop out 02'vortech 5.3 LS style Engine with a Eaton 122 supercharger off a ford GT-500 Mustang after I get done with the maifold and It should all fit under the under the hood.The only thing I might do is the 59'Impala dash swap and new Interior.Thats it If you all want me to post when I get going I will be glad to do so.All the parts are hear Im just waiting for it to cool off a little bit no fun when It's 90 + in the shop.

20. please dont pose in front of car on one knee. .. kool project ... best of luck with pic .. remember .. one knee thing never cool .

21. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

22. another nice 53. and it's a coupe to, WOW!!!

23. poorboy

poorboy

dig the color on this

24. jwl53

jwl53
    from So cal

Nice lookin ride. Keep up the great work!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

25. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

You have talent there kid!!! What happened with the Motor Wheel "Fly" style rims? Those are rare these days, especially the race weight rims. I will pay for your airline ticket, pick you up, feed you, and have a place for you to stay, if you will do my nephews 51 Business Coupe. Keep up the first rate work. Butch/56sedandelivery.

26. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

I'll be picking up a 1953 150 next month. This one sure gave me some ideas for my car coming home soon.

27. rand1941

rand1941
    from denver

Well I pulled the body off the old 53 bizz coup,frame looks great for being almost 60 years old!!I had it sand blasted and after I get the helix x members welded in,along with the Paul Horton center brace It's heading to get powder coated.Win It gets back the fun will start.I have been collecting parts for almost three long months,and the pile is getting larger by the day.I hate waiting on parts!
    I will start posting pictures next weak

Randy

28. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

subscribed and ready for the pics.