Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nashville Tn says hello with a 52 styleline...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by cdc3jj, Oct 24, 2012.

1. cdc3jj

cdc3jj

Well, hello everyone. I'm pretty new to hot rodding. I have a 52 chevy coupe, and I might not get much help here as I'm hoping to do a frame swap. I posted a question and it was deleted pretty quick.

So here I am. I've been a shade tree type mechanic for about 15 years. My dad has been the same his whole life. He bought me the 52 when I was 15. While in high school a guy backed into it in the post in the school parking lot and it's been sitting since then. So now we're trying to resurrect it. I was actually hoping for help on the s10 frame I'm planning to swap, but I guess that's not really the stuff folks talk about around here... Fair enough. I'm new and didn't know. I'd like to use the 52 frame to build a rat rod pickup someday once the car is rolling and finished. Maybe there will be some help for me here once I get to that project. Thanks...

2. RFOSTER

RFOSTER

I highly doubt you will get any help using the RR word around here! Any how what's wrong with the frame that's under the car now???

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. cdc3jj

cdc3jj

Wow... Really? I guess I had this site wrong... Nothing wrong with the current 52 frame. It was my dads idea to swap the frames and he found and bought the s10 at a salvage auction. I'm just twisting bolts and lighting fires.

I had thought about keeping the original frame but I think it's going to be more cost effective (and quicker) to get a reliable up car up and running with p/s, disc brakes and a/c by using a later model frame. The other reason I thought I'd go along with it is so I can rebuild the original 216 and try to build myself a little RR on the frame. Are there RR forums? I'm just not traditional enough to get help here I suppose.