Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

New thread posted.

Don

2. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Wow.....I as well was not expecting this.....

(And to set the record straight for ct1932ford....houses are not robbed as they are an inanimate object....houses are burglarized....people are robbed)

HT me and pops are headed to the Webster swap meet in a week....we'll keep our eyes open.....

3. And

And
    from Irvine, CA

I just spent way too long looking at this tread while at work. Fantastic build up and I love all the detail work. Like teejay99 when I got to the bottom of the thread I was shocked that it got stolen. That shit is so wrong, who does that? Gook luck finding it.

4. Da Biffster

Da Biffster

I just spent the afternoon reading this thread (I'm a slow reader, but it was 64 pages). I so enjoyed every detail and became engulfed in the build and storyline. I felt a part of it only because as hot rodders we can all relate to builds ourselves, the highs and lows. Reading this thread I was thinking how enjoyable it was to read, more then a novel because we can relate and it was real life. I can honestly say, I felt like I was kicked in the stomach when I read the line Hot Turkey's car was stolen. I can't imagine how he feels. I hope the car is found and justice is delt to the bastards! One thing i've always hated was a freakin thief. Like my Dad always said, if ain't yours don't mess with it!

5. 35fordcoupe

35fordcoupe
    from Virginia

I too just spent a long time reading over the whole thread today and feel horrible for you after reading the last couple pages. I almost said reading 'the end', but there is still hope. I hope that it comes back!

6. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Meeting with the news crew, it will be on the 10:00 news tonight.

7. I really hope you get it back. Best of Luck!

Dak

8. jpm49c

jpm49c

I've followed this build from the start and e-mailed you several times about your paint. THIS SUCKS! I sure hope they find it soon and unharmed. All the Best, John in Scottsdale

9. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Are there any DOT cameras mounted close by on the highways? Any business cameras on the way to your home (gas stations, banks, big box stores)? My biggest fear is that the cops don't have the desire to find it like you do. Good Luck

10. 4t7flat

4t7flat

I just arrived in Florida Sunday. There is a big show this weekend,and a swapmeet. I will be looking for the NON chevy parts,as they will stand out. I will post a picture on my 32.

11. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I live out in the sticks...

12. I got a knot in my gut reading this,,I followed along with the build and the thieves stole more than just a car,,they took part of your heart & soul.

I pray someone see's the car and the police are able to recover it in perfect condition.

There are thousands of eyes watch for your car. HRP

13. metaldave

metaldave
    from michigan

hope you didnt permanently weld your steering box to the frame. The heat would ruin the seals and perhaps the bearings.

14. daddio211

daddio211

Uh, I don't think that matters at this very moment, but way to post without reading. :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I think the steering box is not a concern. Did you read post #1224?

16. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I sure hope this has a better ending than this for you Hot Turkey! I so enjoyed reading your build thread, and had kinda forgotten about the car until this popped up!
    Makes me sick to think some bastard who doesn't care has it somewhere!

17. Well...If he did, then maybe we can ID the car easier.

Someone didn't read everything.....

[​IMG]

18. Wow! I am sorry for your loss. I've been reading and enjoying your craftsmanship this whole evening and did not expect to hear this. Hope this works out in your favor.

19. Far out. Facebook the shit outta Florida folks, & beyond. Personal freedom needs to be relinquished for these boneless turd(s).

20. I saw this on Facebook yesterday. Hate to hear it.

Charlotte Goodguys, Perry, Moultrie, and the Turkey Run are all coming up in the next month. Guys be watching.

I'll be looking out here in East TN.

JH

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

I saw it on facebook as well, made me want to puke after all the work that you put into it, I hope you get it back and they cut the balls off the fucker that stole it!

22. Bump to recover

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Fucking sucks, people are no good.

24. jazz1

jazz1

Hope your car shows up,,anyone else think the thieves "shop the hamb"

25. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Sucks man, I would lose it if someone stole my 34... Hope you get it back unharmed..

26. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Shared on FB, and keeping an eye out in the TN Valley.

I guess this is why we can't have nice things. Good luck Dave, I hope you get it back.

27. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

28. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

That's great...You're informing a big audience in several ways. I hope we get a happy ending.

29. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

My brother is a cop in Panama City Beach. I let him and my other friends family on FB know. Hope you get it back asap.

30. swissmike

swissmike

Real sorry to hear! I will keep my eyes and ears open...