Register now to get rid of these ads!

model A windshield wont close.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigvinny, Oct 2, 2012.

1. bigvinny

bigvinny

working on my new 30 coupe, I got the doors adjusted, now moving on to the windshield. the guy I got it from had front glass replaced and now windshield frame is so tight it wont close all the way. I dont see any way to adjust it. any advice?

2. Lpdesignz

Lpdesignz
    from Sin city

Sounds like the glass was cut to big... Not much you can do...

3. Vergil

Vergil

If new windshield glass was installed in the frame it is hard to get the bottom center of the frame pushed all the way up to the glass. If the center of the frame is not seated it will rub on the top of the gas tank and will not close.

Vergil

4. cayager

cayager

does the frame go together all the way? or is there a gap in the corners?
    if the frame fits together ok then there is a problem in the mounting

5. metaldave

metaldave
    from michigan

Make sure you have the hinge installed properly. If you have a stock frame and the top corners are closed the frame shouldnt be too large.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

are you maybe talking about after you put the rubber in? I've found allot of the aftermarket rubber is a bit too thick and won't allow it to close tight.

7. bigvinny

bigvinny

dont see a gap in frame. maybe the rubber seal up top under hinge is to thick, I think I will unscrew hinge and check the seal thickness and see if frame is seated all the way.

8. mosimpson

mosimpson

Post a picture of the upper hinge area. I am working on my window frame and a picture of this area would be very helpful.

9. of all the model A's i have restored, i have only been able to use the gasket above the windshield only a couple times. they are too thick. try black electrical tape, or body sealer. is this car going to see rain? with the visor in place you almost don't need a seal.