Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coming home party in N.C. w/ the IRON LORDS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colville, Jul 27, 2012.

1. murph

murph

Man, Friday the 26th is fast approaching and this thing is ON like Donkey Kong! Staight 8s have new songs we'll be test-driving... stay clear of turn #2! LOL

So... who's coming?

-murph

2. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

This sounds cool! Congrats on you coming home man and the new addition to the family!
    Wish i could make this... Love Me Some Rockabilly! Saw the Straight 8's in N.C. a few years back in Wilmington. Put on a Great Live Show! Love The Cocktail Drum Kit! Have A Blast man!!!

3. murph

murph

Thanks for the kind words, ModelAPunk! Earlier this year I switched to a trad setup with 22" kick and 14" floor tom. Still playing standing, but the larger kick and seperate tom really ups the volume on stage. I may bust out the Monster Tiki Rocktail kit (tm) for our annual Halloween show on Saturday though. :)

I checked out the Blue Ribbon Bastards... really strong songs, man! Looks like you guys are staying busy and sharing the stage with some great rockabilly and psychobilly bands. Keep up the great work!

-murph

4. hotdamn

hotdamn

5. Colville

Colville