Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen hot rod in florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Wow, who would have known about the screws on the walls unless they had cased the place before ? :rolleyes: From the sound of it, this was not their first rodeo.......not just punk kids stealing a car for the hell of it. They had a shopping list to fill. :mad:

I keep hoping when I open this thread that people are congratulating you on getting it back. We have seen that happen, but usually it is because the owner did a lot of his own detective work and snooping on Craigslist and Ebay. Your parts are very distinctive and you know each and every part. That should help a lot, as well as all the pictures you have taken, so you can prove they are from your car.

Don

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Almost all metal covered buildings are put together that way Don. You can pull enough tin off the side of one to drive a car through in less than five minutes in most cases. If it's a pole building they only have to knock out a 2x6 or two between the poles to get the car out. In his case they probably took one panel loose enough to pull it back and crawl in.

Trouble is now days thieves don't just drive by your place and watch your movements they listen in at the mini mart, the bar and the burger joint to yours and other guys conversations seeing what they can pick up on. You tell the guy at the mini mart that you are heading on vacation for week with the family when you gas up the family car, he has a few beers at the bar and blabs that that guy with the cool hot left with his family on vacation and the guy sitting next to his buddy is mixed in with a ring of thieves and just happens to know where you live.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

this is terrible,hope it finds it's way back home. with a few body parts dragging behind

4. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I was just on the local news, damn I looked old.

5. redroaddog

redroaddog

this sucks!!!!! back to the top

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

got to stress again about the metal buildings. I went and looked, a guy with a nice screw gun could get in in less than a minute. my building here has 12 foot tall panels, it would be hard to drive a car through the wall but easy for people to get in.... except my walls are pretty crowded with shelves and junk on the inside.

in a building behind where I am at they unscrewed the wall and stole a bunch of brand new generators.. or compressors.. something big I forget. my friend saw them and thought it was the guys who were in that unit. woops.

my neighbor next door screwed 3/4" plywood to the steel on the inside all along the outside wall after that..

people suck.

7. Fortress

Fortress

wow that sucks, sorry and hope you get it back.

8. ... and all you need to do is make the trailer and rig blend in as a bogus (or maybe not..) landscaping truck. Nobody would give it a second glance.

Bob

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, I'm tired of reading about this crap!:mad: Our Houston Auto-Rama is next month, I'll check the streets and the swapmeet. Might get lucky.

I hope it gets found intact AND soon.

10. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Bump, because his daughter deserves another ride in her daddys hot rod.

11. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:mad:Hi HT.Very sorry to hear the bad news.I KNOW what a friend of mine would do.His solution is VERY messy.And very FINAL.Hanging by the family jewels using rusty barbed wire is too good for them.Wishing you the best for a quick recovery
    of an intact car.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

12. nugget32

nugget32

Followed your build with great interest as I am building a very similar car. As I saw the photos posted I thought how cool it was to include your little daughter as a helper. I built my 37 Chev 28 years ago and my helper was my 5 year old daughter. What great memories. Sure hope your ride comes home the way it left.

13. sstock

sstock

14. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

15. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

keepin this up top
    I feel for you Dave,i've seen the car and the smile on your face several times now.Hope to see them both again soon,as for the pricks that did this...

Attached Files:

16. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

I was on patrol tonight and just got off my shift. Your car crossed my mind numerous times. I spoke with everyone on my shift and even passes a description of your car on to the day shift. I pray for you brother, hope she comes home soon. Central Fl is on the look out along with all the local police.

17. davedriveschevy

davedriveschevy

Ht, I read your build thread from beginning to end. Got to the last page and felt like I got kicked in the nuts. Cant imagine how you feel right now. BTTT!

18. I just read the build thread this weekend. I hope you get your car back!

19. outlaw256

outlaw256

when some dickhead stole my trailer while we were at the redneck rumble i was MAD. insanely mad. i would have shot that sob if i had found him. truely i would have.i dont know how i would react if they had stole a car as nice as that little baby from me. hope you get her back and in good shape. we feel for ya here at the shop.damn i HATE thief!!

20. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

This has hit Facebook also. We'll be in Charlotte for GG's this weekend and will be on the lookout for ya.

21. 55project

55project
    from Phila. Pa.

That really sucks. I hope you find it soon.

I have a buddy in Florida, i'll pass this along to him, he's at all the car shows down there. I'll also post it up here in Philly Pa and i'm an Admin for a car site in NJ , I'll post it there also.

Good Luck.

>>>>> Posted it on the 2 sites, i'll hit up my fishing and hunting site also.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  22. Elbopper

Elbopper

Hamber alert!!!!!!!!! In northern illinois, good luck and hope you find your ride

23. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Why is this not pinned to the top?

24. Pin this! Please!!!

25. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Keepin it at the top.

26. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll watch for it up in the N.E.
    Hope it hasn't got this far. Good Luck

27. Midget25

Midget25

Hope you get it back. Back to the top.............................

28. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Man I am really sorry that this has happended to you. I can only imagine how you feel. Lets get a pin on this!
    J

29. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Sorry to hear this Dave. I wish you the best however this turns out. I'll keep an eye out over here. Mike

30. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

BTT , keep the pressure up.

the theif should be staring down the buisness end of a 45, begging for his life, in a pool of his own waste.

lets make sure that happens:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.