Register now to get rid of these ads!

Radir Wheels, are they any good?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom Bilyeu, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Tom Bilyeu

Tom Bilyeu

I am thinking about putting a set of Radir tri-rib five spokes on my '32 five window. Has anyone had any issues with the quality of their wheels?
    Thanks,
    Tom

2. I got em on my tbucket for five years or so n love em!

3. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

Good quality wheel and they have the right old time look.

4. teddyp

teddyp

Nice wheels good people to deal with

5. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

<----- got em on my wagon. bout 8 years now. they are killer!

6. or you could go the rocket strike wheels.
    same look same quality.... half the price!

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Radir's are made in the US, Rocket's in China. I don't believe for a second the quality is the same.

8. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Found how Radir's are made in the USA .. Good reading ..

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/node/4760

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

9. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

10. quality isnt expensive its priceless that being said the four sets of radirs i have had on my cars have been worth it. rich the owner is a good guy call him and ask him how the wheels differ. just because the rockets look like radirs the similarities stop there. the radirs are superior. you cant get something for nothing. the over seas wheels are cheap for a reason.

11. Loppy

Loppy

Rocket Strikes are not Tri-Ribb, only single, if that matters.

I've had Tri-Ribb's on my 55 Belair wagon for 6 years now. Love them! There is a lot of material surrounding the mounting holes which make them inherently strong. They balance out really good too. Only down side. With all the tri-ribbery going on, there are a lot of surfaces to polish. My numb fingers can attest to that ; )

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  12. GOOD MORNING AMERICA!
    TIME TO WAKE THE HELL UP AND GET YOUR HANDS OFF IT!
    hahaha you americans are funny!
    do you all go around with your head in the sand, ass up farting america is the only country on earth!
    i agree radirs are good theres no doubting that however to say something else is not as good just because its made in china just shows how stupid some people in this world are... hey u all voted in that obama dude... just shows how dumb u sheep all are!:p
    china has some realy cheap n nasty stuff .... yes .... so has america
    but just like america... there are different qualitys coming out of china.... good bad and ugly.
    being so close to asia we see alot more imports than america... believe me ive seen it all.
    what you actually want to keep away from is the korean crap
    realisticly the only reason why the rockets are cheaper is because of the cheaper labour and manufacturing costs... nothing to do with quality...

end of the day HERES YOUR CHOICE... spend double your hard earned $ on a product made in america by an small american company
    or spend half your hard earned $ product made in china for an small american company... and spend the rest of your hard earned $ saved on other american??? products keeping an even larger aray of people in jobs...
    imo getting an as good as product (if not even better)that looks the part and does the job.

by the way i did have a problem with my chineese wheels, they were sent here by a very well known american speed equipment company... the first time they sent 1 right 3 wrong then they overcharged my credit card for sending me the right ones... 3 months of stuffing around before they got everything right!.... only in america!!!!

yes im an australian.... i drive an american car... i spend $ on american parts... buy american car magazines... spend my hard earned $ on holidays in america... i have chineese wheels. AND THE WORLD ISNT GOING TO END!

ps. 32 roadsters 57 chevs and 50 mercs are boring! haha! :D

13. I have them on my ElCamino. It took awhile to get them, but they are great, no problems at all with quality or performance.
    Polished lip, bead blast center with the spinners.

I stole this pic of my truck from Dan.
    [​IMG]

14. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

I was a Radir dealer for 5 years and they manufacture a top notch quality product.

Rich and the boys are great guys to deal with too!

You get what you pay for!!

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Much better than leaky ass originals.
    Radir's a great company, they brought my slicks down to Daytona for free.

16. In response to "imperial thunder" , I am a American and I was so glad too see your post! That is some plum funny shit! I don't care who you are!! Thank you for that spill, I was just putting my head on and that read gave me a great amount of laughter! Very good!

And P.S., I know nothing of either wheel company but appreciate the comments.... :D

17. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

WOW, thanks for the link!

I think my new wheel choice for the 62 is going to be "Made in America" Radir's for sure!!

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Popcorn anyone??

19. Great way to make friends imperial thunder! Oh wait you dont have any n i dont know why! Way to go noobie!

20. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Imperial Thunder you might want to invest in a Grammar Class ..Then buys some new wheels <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">