Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

Brutal

2. A good saved thread is a build thread! :D

3. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

True ! duh :eek: dumb question on my part .:D

4. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

i like the tree growing out of the clock lol, love those chevies

5. Cannot fathom why someone would let that poor 'bird rot away like that.....:confused: Aren't those thing fairly valuable?

6. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

looks like a good candidate for a radical kustom canted quad headlight bird

7. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

And..? Jealous much?

8. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Yea I thought that was great! That car had been moved about ten years ago and they cut that tree then I was told. Ya know there is no telling how long that car has sat with no top or interior, yet the floors are almost rust free! I just dont get it!. Jim

9. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

This Packard was there also, this car he really likes for some reason, he was really attatched to it, it will not be going to the crusher, he thinks its worth alot of money, he is asking $1200 for it, I dont know anything about these things so he might be right, I dont know...it was pretty much rust free and really complete. Jim

Attached Files:

10. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Damn cfnutcase that looks like a great yard of cars to come across. Was he giving you a good deal on the bunch ?It sucks everything up here is getting covered in snow so my sitting and rotting picture hunting days are done for now.Unless someone tells me about something some where.....

11. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

It's a 22nd series.1948 or very early 49. I'd like some more pics and info if possible. Does he have the title?

12. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I like the camo paint job. That is a deer hunter special.

13. They certainly are; this is just..........WRONG!!

14. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

That T-bird top is worth the price of admission.
    The 312 would just be the icing on the cake.

15. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I'd love to have that Bird to make a full on custom and not feel wrong about doing it!

16. RayMiller

RayMiller

Yea I could fill a day with digging that car out even if its not save able just to at least let it see the sun again.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. pipopak

pipopak
    BANNED
    from florida

The cars in post #5058: at least they are under roof and on a solid floor....

18. jkperformance

jkperformance

When you say F Bird do you mean F as in supercharged? Is the blower stuff still there?

19. RayMiller

RayMiller

Maybe a slip of the key and meant t not f

20. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

OK, questions on the cars I just found, the chev convertible is a buildable car I guess, as far as the body goes, but it is missing alot, there is no suspension, the bows are missing for the top and the engine and trans are gone. The body of the car is buildable for sure though, no title on it, he said he would take $500 for it cash, no BS. The Packard has no title either, it is 99% complete, and really solid, I can get some more pics in a few days for ya, it can be bought for $1000 cash, same deal, no BS, he will not deal with it, he is kinda a strange guy, he dont joke around, dont talk much, nothing, just pay him, load the shit and get out. He dosent want any stories or anything he dosent care about anything like that, just the cash. There are several other cars there, not really HAMB friendly cars, they are more mid 60's, mostly convertibles, most cars can be had for around $800 apiece that are left. He was smart enough not to crush the rag tops anyways. He also has several old tractors. Jim

21. RayMiller

RayMiller

Cf if it wasn't so far away I would consider the Chevy vert for sure but that's a long way to drive to pick up a very hardcore builder but if it can be saved hopefully someone will get it.

22. injunjoes

injunjoes

23. injunjoes

injunjoes

24. injunjoes

injunjoes

25. injunjoes

injunjoes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THATS ALL FOLKS!

26. RayMiller

RayMiller

Is the 55 for sale? That would make a great project.

27. toml24

toml24

My first guess is the guy bought the 2 T-Birds and the Vette from a insurence company impound/auction yard. My second guess is all 3 went missing at some point.

28. 2 Ford Woody's a taxi and pickup.

Attached Files:

29. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

30. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Well the deal fell through, Called the owner who didnt give two shits about it and said take it. I called the land owner to inform him that I would be out there with a winch truck and trailer later in the day. Side note, this is in the oil field where I already have permission to be legally. But, I wast going to take anything without letting every one involved know. He says, " well i made a deal on that car a long time ago so its mine" Upon asking if He was really ever going to do anything with it seeing that it has a foot of rat shit and nests in it he hung up on me.

Its a shame too, the only rot is in the rear quarters around the bumper. The body is straight as an arrow. The tags on it are from 61. It was used in the oil field and looks to me like they pulled it up there and parked it and walked away. The only thing missing is the radiator. Even the oil bath is still on the carb.

I hate land owners and people that are "going to restore it someday". He hadnt though of that car until yesterday when called in 20 years I bet. Asshat.

rant over