Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Me and the old man

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by c_dime81, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jason65

jason65

2. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

Well I should get my computer back tomorrow so I can upload some photos. In the midst of not being able to undertake labor intensive tasks, my restless mind not being able to sit still has convinced my body to build a show scooter out of my first ever motorcycle, a Honda ct 70. Just finished the complete 25 minute disassembly and preparing for an appointment with the grinder tomorrow. Gonna be a pretty rad way of getting around my club's "blue suede cruise" this may if what I imagine comes to fruition. anyway I promise pics tomorrow of the progress made on the old mans truck as well as mine....and of the Honda if you're lucky. Until then,

Cheers

Seth

3. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Holy shit! Hope u feel better. Ain't Nothin some whiskey won't take care of

4. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

You know it's funny you say that because exactly one week before that happened I gave up the bottle for good. A true test of my will power from the gods for sure.

5. Damn that looks like your hand is a hurtin unit n glad to hear your on the mend! Both pickups are pretty cool to!

6. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

ok this thread nor i are dead. this year has proved to be a trying one in more ways than one but im back at it in full swing with a shop full of projects for the winter however my first priority is my c10. after talking with and ordering all kinds of goodies from porter built im going a completely different direction. i took 1 1/2 coils out of the front sunday and next weekend i will z the rear. all stock suspension. i rebuilt the engine a while back but will soon be torn down again. we are going see what happens when you put boost in a 235. i will post pictures of the truck and the shop of horrors this evening for those who care. keep up the great work guys
    cheers

-seth

7. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

well here are some shots of what i have going on at the moment. its almost a bit overwhelming but it seems as though i do my best work when i feel i have my back against the wall.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  8. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

9. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

10. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

11. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

i know some are off topic but as you can see ive had no idle time! time for serious bonding weekend with the c10. will post progress photos and the finished drop. dont know if i can wait until put my hands back on her saturday. until next time guys,
    cheers

-seth

12. Ice man

Ice man

First question is why is he, your Father addressed as the old man. I wish my Father was still with us, but if I called him the OLD MAN, he would bust a good one. Show some respect. Iceman

13. 35desoto

35desoto

I used to call my dad the ol man till we lost our Mum 26 years ago - And at that point the fragility of life hit home and my Dad is always called Dad.

depends on your point in time however once he's gone he is is no longer available and you will miss your Dad. And one day some one may call call you the Old Man and it doesnt sit right when you are on the other side of the saying.
    Just my .02c

Back on topic you are doing very well on the pickups - keep up the good work and enjoy the journey with all the cars/trucks/people you have

14. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

thats what i call him. have for years. and with all the respect in the world, the mean old bastard is just that, OLD. So now that ive reluctantly explained why he is the one known as old man, you show some respect by not telling me what not to call my old man. Seth

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  15. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

always havin a good time 35desoto, been countless, priceless memories in that shop. with my family and friends alike. and its surely obvious that yet another winter of good times, burning petrol and shielding gas awaits those closest me.

16. knotttty

knotttty

Good on you Seth...

my kids have called me the old man for years... and they do it with love and respect.... so many people out there trying to push their ideals on others... and they should look in in the mirror first... good to see you back at it..

Roy

17. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

Thanks Roy, it's been a long year with injuries and a massive rift at the work place but everything is starting to really jive at my shop again. Ups and downs man, such is life.

18. hallrods

hallrods

That's cool. My Dad and I built 1932 ford 3 windows, we go everywhere together.

19. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

Man that's definitely a bucket list item for both he and I. Maybe one day hallrods, one day. Btw yours looks superb.

20. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

Oh and just one more tidbit of entertainment that's slightly off subject. It's a bit old but I found this while surfing Vimeo and thought if there's someone that could really appreciate ideology such as this, it's you guys. Enjoy
    https://vimeo.com/20789680

21. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

My old friend hard at it this morning.

[​IMG]

22. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

Ok so this weekend was the first in a while that I had time to do a few things to my own wheels so I decided to do a 5" traditional rear z on my c10. I just got back home from a quick loop around town and the ol girl seems to lover her new stance. Coupled with 3" drop spring in the back it makes for a pretty cool static look and is still plenty high enough to make it across the speed bumps in the Wendy's drive thru ;) next on the list is seat upholstery, new carpet and a flake job on the roof. Thanks guys for letting my waste your time tonight with my pos chronicles and for that you're rewarded with some pics of the shit box.

-seth

23. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

98aaeb6a7f94fccb3ef71cd9261076e5

24. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

25. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

26. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

27. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

28. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

Sorry for theshit pictures

29. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Thats a damn good looking pup there! truck's coming along nicely too!

30. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo