Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scored a metro for the wife

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrFalcon62, Oct 20, 2012.

1. dad-bud

dad-bud

They're a great lookin' little fun car.
    I guess that just about any 4 cyl will fit - I know it's not traditional, but what about something like a 90's Ranger or S-10 motor and O/D trans?
    Make sure you start that build thread.
    Cheers.

2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

They were built in England by Austin, so the small Austin twin Su carb setup will bolt on, and they're not that hard to find. Might even fit one of the later Mini Cooper hotrod 1275cc engines into it and bolt right up.

3. Weasel

Weasel

C'mon now - you need a BBC like the Metronator has - Ivo sez you know it makes sense....;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

That is a very cool looking car. Looks to be in pretty darn nice original shape. If it were mine, I'd probably be thinking a bit more of a sleeper with just a little heated up stock motor with maybe a vintage blower on it. Have fun with it and hope she enjoys the heck out it.

5. electromet

electromet
    from Tucson, AZ

If its got a 1500, the MGA/B dual SU manifold will work fine. Check for steering clearance first, though. If you're so inclined, a tube header from an MGA will work, too. You might consider changing out the differential from the stock 4.22 to a 3.90 or 3.72. Top end with the stocker is only about 65 mph. Find a later model MG Midget for a pumpkin, backing plates, and newer wheel cylinders. Front discs from the Midget are an easy bolt-in, too.

Mike

6. jreeder41

jreeder41

Great find! If you have any questions give us a call.

7. a buddy of mine has one...yes,it has a HEMI..

Attached Files:

8. Saw this car running at the California Hot Rod Reunion. It didn't do so well. Actually, it was a dog! :eek:

9. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

Here's a thought for you. Find a mail Jeep that has the little Chev. four banger with a two speed powerglide in it. I think it would fit nicely and not be a strain on the rest of the car. :cool:

10. i would be lookin for a 2300 pinto engine, the roundy round guys ran them for a very long time and there are gobs of race parts for them dirt cheap. overhead cam screamers. i think a 4 spd could be had for it too.

11. MrFalcon62

MrFalcon62

After heating about the success that several people have had with the Datsun engine swap, I'm gonna go ahead and build up the 85 cube Datsun banger the PO had in the car....but make it look like an American 4 cylinder

I'm removing all the weird emissions shit, adapting a Weber carb to the intake, and having some lettering done on the valve cover so it says "Nash" instead of "Nissan"

Pictures to follow

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

A Metro wagon?

Didn't know there was such a thing.

Picture?

13. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

There was no Metro wagon and minis don't have a chassis.

Could be an early Rambler on a late Mini floor pan. That would at least stand a chance of fitting but would take a lot of careful hand work to be right.