Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do old cars/trucks have souls?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-cal Tex, Oct 22, 2012.

1. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

This is going to sound crazy and ,maybe it is but I thought I would share it anyways.

So Saturday night the wife and I are talking about thinning the heard down and selling one of my cars. After a lenghtly conversation about what cars we want to keep and which one has to go we decide on Ole Blue my '51 chevy truck. I love the old truck but it is the least practical car I own.

Then about half an hour later I see a light on in my new building that Ijust built which does not have any power installed yet, so naturally I was concerned and go inside to investigate.

Ole blue has one tail light on glowing in the pitch black darkness!!!

I reach into the cab to turn the light switch off and it is already off??? I then proceed to try to replicate the one tail light on incident and when I do both tail lights come on along with the front running lights in the grill (like they should). I move the switch in and out several times with the same result not able to replicate the one tail light on and no front running lights in the grill on.

The truck is all stock original 6 volt and I have not driven it in about two weeks or at night for over 6 months so the lights have not been turned on recently.

Was the soul of Ole Blue trying to tell me not to sell him???

Attached Files:

2. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

Maybe he was practicing for his new owner who might want to drive him at night?

3. I dunno if they have souls, but it often sure feels like they do.

4. Ol' Blue was trying to tell you to sell him to me. Nice looking truck.

5. Terrible80

Terrible80

My '50 used to hang up the brake pedal and the light stayed on.

6. raven

raven

Of course they do, my roadster tried to kill me three times, just like Frankenstien...
    r

7. lucky ink

lucky ink

8. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I got this old school bus and i was driving it at night and had 300 miles to go. When the headlights went out i stoped and started trying to fix it, I then noticed that the top bolt on the pumpkin had come out and was slinging oil everywhere. Decided to camp at a a kragen to get a bolt and oil in the morning. The headlights just lit right back up after i saw the oil. Dam thing didnt want to let me down, and never has.

9. I really believe there is some sort of presence in certain machines. Ever had a car, or engine that for no reason, fought back every time you tried to work on it?
    Some machines, give great satisfaction every time you deal with them, and others,that may even be identical, are trouble every time you come in contact with them.
    How do you prove that? Better yet, how do you get someone else to believe that exists?

10. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

PERSONALLY ...I don't have a clue , ask CHRISTINE.

11. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Yah i got one of each.

12. Deuces

Deuces

The ol' gal is sad..:(
    She must have read your mind...
    Don't let her go!...;)

13. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

I though the same thing but it was a running light not a brake light and only one was on????

My dad experienced a similar situation about 30 years ago when he decided to sell his '66 Porsche, during the discussion of selling the car the horn stuck on out in the garage, he had to disconnect the battery to get it shut off!!!!

14. ChefMike

ChefMike

maybe its not the truck with the soul but the past owner who might not like you selling her ! Just a thought

15. Just a thought I'm having but how can a truck be the least practical? :confused: Almost all I own is trucks because they are the most practical and cheap to keep going. It just don't feel right in my mind selling off trucks.

16. shadams

shadams

Man that is a cool truck....thats all I got, but back in the day there was this movie called the "Dirt Bike Kid". Kid came across this dirt bike that was "alive".

17. On old Ford trucks, there is actually a Ford part number for the soul.

18. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Yes, they most certainly do......

19. pitman

pitman

I dunno Mike, sounds like it might be Siamese!!!
    Some breeds are tightly wrapped.
    (Nice kitty...)

20. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Yep, they have souls AND personalities. But it's all in how you want to believe. Some stuff has happened and so often it seems too strange to be just dumb luck.

Right or wrong, real or not. Allowing yourself to believe in things that make you feel better about driving or working on them can be handled any way that makes it work best for you.

Inspiration, attachment, passion are all things make things work better with your ride.

So do cars/trucks have a soul? That's up to you...............

21. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

My grandfather bought my '55 brand new, which puts a stamp on how I feel about it, but whenever I cruise through downtown Taylor (where it was purchased and lived it's entire life) I get a good warm feeling. I'd say my car has a soul. Maybe it's my grandpa, maybe not. If it's not, my car's soul knows how to touch MY soul. No poltergeist yet...

22. Deuces

Deuces

How long did you have that truck????.....

23. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Vehicles do not have souls. Sorry. They are inanimate objects. Ole Blue was trying to tell you there is an electrical problem that made the tail light come on, and you need to trace it down and fix it before Ole Blue burns up.

24. I believe that some vehicles may have a "spirit" attached to them. I know my 53 sure seems to have a personality of it's own at times.

25. How young were you when someone told you there was no Santa? :D

26. Deuces

Deuces

I believe in Santa...;)

27. hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good / Bad we have all had one even if we wont admit out loud

28. As everyone knows,,most vehicles are feminine..as "this old girl".And every one knows the temperment of a woman....and most ,as Mike says,fight back every time you go to work on her..LOL

29. Ol' blue can come stay with me anytime. I don't know about a soul, but I do believe we all leave a little bit of energy/presence when we own these cars and after 50+ years that can be allot of energy.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

30. afaulk

afaulk

OK, that explains it! I have a 63 Vette that has tried to commit suicide several times. It's method of choice is to try and run into the guard rail. I don't understand....it is built with all the best parts, top to bottom. It's kept shiny, clean fluids, good tires, etc. Maybe it doesn't like me? Or has a bad self image. What the heck, why?