Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well, here goes... From North Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Y-Blokkah, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

Hey folks!

Been actively in the mid 50s Ford/Merc scene since the early 80s.

Lived and breathed Y-block powered anything until about 11 years ago when a divorce cleaned me out.

I've been having an itch to scratch for a decade, and finally recently aquired a nice, decent virgin 53 Vicky.

So, out will come the flatmotor, and in will go a long ago hoarded 58 truck 292 with truck pan and sump, 57 high compression heads, various little hoarded goodies, and with a little bit of help from an A-daptor kit, on will go a late model overdrive.
    Induction is yet to be determined, but it will be period cool.

Actually, the whole car will be period cool. As a kid would build it back n the early 60s.
    No crazy wild body/paint tricks, no big buck showcar crap, just a wicked cool, obnoxious, window rattling, attention getting, Chevy eating, blast from the past little Ford with attitude.
    I wana have fun again!
    Been down the road of the showcar, big buck, anal rides, and it was no fun for me. Besides, my ex made alot of money off my work, it turned out...

The most fun I ever saw someone have with a car was a friends 19 year old son with his 59 Galaxies 4 door sedan....
    Fake lake pipes molded into the holes where the rockers would be if they weren't rusted out, lowered into the weeds the old fashioned way, rolled on baby blue and white paint, glass packs and flame throwers... More grins per second than just about anything.

I'll be a bit more refined than that jalopy, but not much.

As long as it has the look, the stance, the attitude, and eats 327 Chevys for dinner, I'll be all set!

Anyone ever heard of the late, great Hansons Picnic? If you have, PM me. The best Ford gathering in North America! Been there many, many, many years, got stupid drunk, fell down, sang my ass off to Dion, Jim Reeves, and Del Shannon, and soaked up the vibes of all the old Fords and Harleys.

Till later, ciao for now!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. SIX_94Y

SIX_94Y
    from Australia

Interesting story shame you lost a lot of your y block stuff but, looking forward to seeing what pops out of your garage, hopefully that 327 eater!

3. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

I'm looking forward to it, six!
    I pretty much hung it up for 10 years, just plain old' stayed away from the scene.

I still had the 66 Ambo convert, and id mess with it in the garage, but honestly, my heart isn't in that thing, and I always said if the right idiot came along, I'd wave it goodbye.

I built. 30x40' shop a couple years ago for cars, so I knew I just needed the right old Ford to come into my life..

Even though the new Vicky ain't a 55, it still seems familiar like an old friend, and I can do a 55 with my eyes closed...

The only "issue" I see is detail stuff with the engine install. The Y-block in't meant fort gat crossmember, and I really don't want to have to cut the frame.
    Probably shoulda just waited for a 54 if I wanted this body style, but this one is super straight, super clean, and super untouched virgin.
    We'll see.....

My biggest hope is finding some of my old pals on this site, and maybe doing some bench racing with them, too!

4. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

Gonna check out yours now...

5. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

Dude,
    That's one badass motion machine!

I'll need to wind my rubber band a little tighter to keep up with you....

6. SIX_94Y

SIX_94Y
    from Australia

Haha! It's not that quick! Just a little fun with a (by today's standards) antiquated little engine!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. RFOSTER

RFOSTER

Welcome from Sherman tx!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad