Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Official 60-66 C-10 Chevy Truck Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, May 8, 2006.

1. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

alot of times the reason a roof will rust out and not the rest is from mice, thier urine is caustic to the bare inner metal in the roof, quite often I have found "barn" or "field" trucks with only rust in the pillars and top of the roof, a common bad spot for these trucks is behind the sunvisors.

here was the roof on my 60 before the chop, the rest of the cab was perfect-well 99% perfect

Attached Files:

• 34.jpg
      34.jpg
      File size:
      507.2 KB
      Views:
    • 35.jpg
      35.jpg
      File size:
      498.8 KB
      Views:
  2. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

this is my favorite 60-66 rust pic, this truck was in argentina , and going to be restored.

Attached Files:

3. wolfex1

wolfex1

Judging from your latest pictures, especially the rust on the inner roof, I'd have second thoughts about tackling that project. Even if you have the metal working skills and a brake, shrinker/stretcher and a MIG welder, I am wondering if you have enough healthy metal in that thing to even weld to. Are the floor and cab mounts in good shape? What about the dash? Is the frame solid with no rust holes? Are the trailing arms rotted from the inside out. If I'm wrong, just ignore my comments. I just hope you don't really think that bondo will make the repairs that truck requires. ~WX1

4. 46stude

46stude

Cab floors are fair, mounts are all good, frame is good.

The truck was originally from the Houston area, which has a fair amount of salt in the air due to the Gulf being so close. Then its been in my area for several years, which is right on the Gulf Coast- lots of salt air. Sucks to be a car guy around here.

Sheetmetal doesn't last long, obviously. Heavier steel like frames do hold up OK, though.

5. cdo1953

cdo1953

Here is my 65. 230 inline 6 , 3 on the tree . bought it at super chevy in memphis this may, everbody passed it by cause of the long wheel base with a 6 cylinder . the truck was to straight and that 6 purred like a kitten to pass on plus the price was right. gonna make it my daily driver . plans to leave it in primer for now cut the coils to lower an add some ww tires , and paint the top pearl white , and cruise ....

Attached Files:

6. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Here's. My flavor of the week...
    53k original miles
    Needs fenders. Runsand drives great.

Attached Files:

7. markeb01

markeb01
    from Washington

I did indeed paint it with John Deere Blitz black. The entire paint job cost about $200. The trick to the sheen was using Acrylic Enamel Reducer instead of acetone or mineral spirits for thinner. It allows much better control over how the paint flows and dries. I did 7 different mixes/test shots until it came out the way I wanted before spraying the truck. I've also recently removed the fog lights to better accentuate the grille so now it looks like this:

[​IMG]
    </O:p
    [​IMG]

8. Chevyboy1384

Chevyboy1384

Alright I've decided to say screw it and just bag the rear of my truck. I want to notch it so it'll lay either on the ground or close to it. I have no idea how big of a notch I need to put in it to accomplish what I'd like. And also where to mount the bags since the springs sit under the axel and that wont work with the notch. Any advice or pics would be awesome, hoping to take it in to get it done next weekend to start slammin it. Thanks

9. YAPP

YAPP

Picture thread right?

Here's my 65 original paint GMC C1000 with her new stance and shoes. No bags! Static dropped and riding just fine.
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1347805048.319602.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1347805080.519347.jpg View attachment 1741387

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  10. bmwhitt

bmwhitt

Here is my 1964 GMC 3/4 ton 305 V6. It was my grandfather's and the first truck I ever drove. I am so glad to have it back in the family. My dad and I are going to start general maintenance and replace the rusty cab top. It is a blast to drive and definitely a gas hog!

Attached Files:

11. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

12. Mattilac

Mattilac

My '64 panel :) even has a moonroof!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  13. jchav62

jchav62

Very nice panel!

14. shovelheadjim

shovelheadjim

Shot of my 62 LWB stepside

Attached Files:

• 081.jpg
      081.jpg
      File size:
      547.3 KB
      Views:
  15. markeb01

markeb01
    from Washington

Here's a recent shot with the wide 60-61 windshield trim and polished stainless steel wipers added:

[​IMG]

16. Finished this up this spring, our 61 short stepside Apache. We bought it in Fremont 3 and a half years ago. I spent that evening washing it, rubbing out the decades old paint and polishing chrome, all in the motel parking lot, and the next day we put 'er in the Pleasanton GoodGuys show. While my wife was sitting in it to get out of the heat, a guy from Classic Truck magazine stopped to talk to her, took some pics, and it showed up in the mag a couple months later. 2 days later we drove it the 850 mles home to Vancouver Island, and since then I've painted it, put on some custom pinstriping, drag raced it a few times and generally drove the hell out of it. Now time to sell it to make room for our 55 cameo project.

Attached Files:

17. Carter

Carter

My dads pickup, the newest addition to his stable. He hasn't done much to it yet, changed the wheels, new bed floor and some tidying up under the hood.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

18. John B

John B

A few I've took pictures of recently. None of these are mine. Damn the luck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. John B

John B

A few more from the same show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. John B

John B

21. Chevyboy1384

Chevyboy1384

I have recently bagged the rearend of my 63 shortbed c10, 9" step notch, custom shock mounts, custom panhard bar with the stock trailing arm setup. I took it for a test drive and at 45 mph it started shaking so bad I had to slam on the brakes. I do know the front end had a lot of negative camber prior to the air bags and I think thats what the problem is. Or I was also thinking its the driveline angle. Anyone else run into this problem or have any ideas thanks

Attached Files:

22. wolfex1

wolfex1

Was the front end shaking, or the whole truck? Are the rear axle pads still sitting on factory trailing arms? If so, did you put a wedge between them so that the pinion angle has the pinion shaft pointing at the transmission tail shaft? Regardless whether or not the pinion angle is causing the vibration, you will certainly have longer U-joint life, especially under hard acceleration if they are lined up. If just the front end was shaking, then the alignment is the culprit, and an easy fix. ~WX1

23. Chevyboy1384

Chevyboy1384

It was the front end and before I bagged the rear it had a lot of negative camber and I'm guessing addin all that extra steel to the rear didn't help that at all. As far as I know the guy that did it set the rearend up the way it was with the shims and everything. Ad it wasnt a little shake it was so ba I had to slam on the brakes cause it felt like the truck was going to self destruct but it did start in the front end. I'll get an alignment first then see of it still does it, thanks

24. zippeay

zippeay
    from Hooper, Ut

Well... I haven't posted pics a in a long time. I'm trying like hell to get this thing in paint before the snow hits but I'm starting to think that might not happen... I keep trying to get everything perfect and it's taking forever.... I took my truck bed to get the inside blasted and the blaster blasted the whole thing and kind of fucked up my bed. They put a bunch of dents in it and warped it a little, I really hope we can get this thing straight or its going to drive me crazy! I want this thing to be awesome. I also finished 90% of the air ride. Now my old man and I have been trying to finish the body work. We are getting there, I started patching the inner fenders and hopefully today I can notch the inner and outer fenders and weld in the arches to fit the front tires when they tuck.
    Anyway where's some pic's
    [​IMG]

This shows it laid out with my supremes in the back, I also got my bullet center caps in last week!
    [​IMG]

I greased everything up front, put new rotors, calipers, brakes etc and painted everything up front
    [​IMG]

Here's the rear bags, valves, tank etc
    [​IMG]

Here's the truck bed half primed and the body work we're doing.
    [​IMG]

I know this is probably way too anal for the inner fenders but I can't help it, I had to patch the fronts where they rotted through.
    [​IMG]

Tonight I'm going to cut the rear wheel wells out of my 78 parts truck and use them for the wheel wells up front. Hopefully I can get both sides finished and primed tonight.

25. wolfex1

wolfex1

Sounds like the front end, but you could put the back end up on jack stands and run her up to 45 mph with the wheels off of the ground, and see if you could duplicate the shake.

26. 46stude

46stude

Got the tires & wheels mounted up on ol' rusty today.

Attached Files:

27. ol rusty is kinda bitchin'

28. 46stude

46stude

Thanks, man. Gonna be my daily driver by the beginning of the year, I hope.

I took this pick at "The Rumble in the Park" show in Victoria today. I know some guys here like 'em laying frame:

Attached Files:

• aa.jpg
      aa.jpg
      File size:
      267.5 KB
      Views:
  29. 46stude

46stude

There were a few in the parking lot at the Hot Rod Revolution.

Attached Files:

30. FF SIX ONE

FF SIX ONE

Here's mine, got it going little by little.

Attached Files: