Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Saw a couple of my favorite HAMB cars and a bunch more.

Not sure if the Blue roadster got to run but it gets my vote for Best Banger.

Attached Files:

2. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Oh man, how did I not see that!!!:eek: RAD!

3. Wow Ryan!, thank you sir! We will be back, and it will be better! I just got off the phone with the mayor, he is astouded at the quailty of people and their kindness. I attribute this to you HAMB folk that had my back in this battle on the sand! You people whent far above any standard of human decency to be polite to towns people, police yourselves and others, pick up garbage, etc.! They are so damn happy!

I thank you all, that was an "A" team effort. I love it when a plan comes together! Thank you all!!!

4. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

It was the only spot I could find to park!! LOL!..

The buzz on this event is awesome!! Can't wait to see what is in store next time! This rocks!

5. sideshow01

sideshow01
    from Dirty Jerz

Friggin awesome day.

Don't forget to search/post to instagram: #thereaceofgentlemen AND #raceofgentlemen

Great pics of the day all around, but haven't see too many like these from my buddy Mike.
    Props to this guy for killing it out of the gate! He was definitely on a mission, till the sand decided otherwise. Definitely gets my vote for the most badass run of the day!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hollywood1939

Hollywood1939
    from Eastern PA

My buddy Matt...one of the imfamous Flying Cubans!

7. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Mel, I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.You pulled off the greatest automotive event I have ever been to. Jeffrey, Dustin, Josh and I had an absolute blast! Worth every second of the drive up from NC. We all said that no matter what we will NEVER miss this event. Hats off to you sir!

8. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

Some truly incredible photo documentation on these pages of the event!!... I don't live that far away from the shore town where this took place, however, unfortunately a prior commitment kept me from making the show-- Next year I definitely wanna "BE THERE"!!... It's a great concept and certainly one that the often "culturally stagnant" Jersey shore is much in need of... Bless all the folks who made this happen, as well as all those who participated... You've got something really great going on here... Hope it endures for many years to come...

9. flash

flash

I just don't understand how Mel, the Oilers, and all those jalopy jockeys manage to get there pants on every morning. I mean...their balls must be HUGE. Congrats to you all!

10. This guys name is Matt, otherwise known with his other counter part as the Flying Cubans!
    He is doing great, and sorry he fell. He should be! We now call them the Crashing Cubans.

11. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

What a neat event...gonna be too crowded next year!

12. Elrod

Elrod

For a second, I was wondering if this was from the beach party the day before and we were getting a sneak peak of the Dancing Cuban.

[​IMG]

13. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Congrats Mel and all who were involved.... sure looks like an awesome show that I'm pretty frustrated I didn't get to attend....

Thank you again Mel for the invite so early on too.... Next year!!

Zach

14. ELD

ELD

15. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You guys just wait, Mel has some shit up his sleeve for the next one! It's gonna be even better if that's even possible. We're gonna work on a bunch of details to tie it all together. Can't believe it's over....

Attached Files:

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Not that this at all displays the spirit of the event but here's a video off my phone....

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z-QbAOMJzOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help with next year's effort... ANYTHING AT ALL... just say the word. I am 100% at your disposal.

19. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Mel,what else could I possibly add,it was an Epic day!! Thanks to everyone involved, we had probably one of my best times ever with old cars. The wheels are already turning in my head for next year!!

20. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

that looks like it was a blast!! I'm sure the next one will be even better if thats possible! Great job on the planning and execution. Wish I lived closer..

21. Indian Oz

Indian Oz

Yo MEL !!! I had a Blast !! Next year I wont bleed & Will Stay longer, Glad I could do a little to help ya. Just like They said in the Paper you are a
    " WILD-EYED VISIONARY " More Siren Next year
    Oz

22. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

If you guys decided to sell a dvd of the event i would definatly buy one :)

23. ELD

ELD

24. ELD

ELD

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  25. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

You read posts and talk with folks on the HAMB, but you don't know their faces. Jeffery, that is my white haired dad and my brother in your video off to the right. I guess we were standing right next to you. I have read a lot of your posts and would have liked to have met you.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  26. Thanks Mel, for a great show we will definitly be back next year, and every year after. You and the Oilers are True Gentlemen, it was great to meet and hang out with you all! til next time.

Josh

27. ELD

ELD

28. cmarcus

cmarcus

Mel, this is pretty freakin incredible. I wonder if we could pull something off here in the Midwest on the shores of lake Michigan!?! :D

29. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

Holy crap i want to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Some cool pix linked to that article, too!

And when was the last time an auto / bike race promoter had to worry about tides, sea states and wind conditions?!?!? Har har. Gary