Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Bill, I have that hundred bucks for you that you donated to the fatest banger powered car. It was just too crazy to be organized. I'll get it back to you!

I did win all my races, on both bike and car!!! Hehehee. I cheated on Hollywood when we 1st did our test run. I had to, he's insane on that knuckle, and I had the outside mushy lane. He had the wet plywood though. Just too fun.

2. You guys missed the crazy antics at the pre pre party at my buddies joint, 10th ave burrito in Belnar. Hollywood had the cops there from popping wheelies and burn outs in the parking lot with no helmet. We told the fuzz the hooligans rode off, crazy guys!

3. OK, great news!!!

The mayors are way happy, looks like it will return with a little fine tuning. We will get a good date where the time of tide works with us this time. October sure is amazing, we'll see what happens.

With plenty of time to prepare, this will be the greatest event ever. I tried to push the 1st annual back initially. But the mayors wanted me to pull this off this year, and I couldn't let this ship sail!

With enough time to prepare, this is going to be one insane show, with the best cars and bikes you will feast your eyes on! It sure was already.

Our test day the tide was so far out and the sand was so hard we flew! It definetly was a little rough which caused a little more mushy ness. Oh well, still insane.

4. Our plan right from the begining was to test it out, have a blast, and then bring the show on the road. We actually have some offers in the works already, amazing. Please stay tuned!

The Oilers and The Race of Gentlemen will be coming to a beach near you!!!

5. Carter

Carter

Andy, I have a picture of your car right when you hit the water. I'll have to get it off the camera and post it.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

6. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Another Pic stolen from FB .... Cheap seats full from end to end !

[​IMG]
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

7. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Another Pic stolen from FB

[​IMG]
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

8. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I like this one :)

9. A little back story, and some news I have wanted to share. Still some I must still keep secret.

Back story.

I got out of the show biz for awhile as I have always had to rely on people that don't keep their end of the deal. Thus, I move on! I also had a son 2 and a half years ago and that side tracked me a little bit. I was bored with running clubs and the daily B.S. you have to deal with, and that kept me from jumping back in. About 5 months ago I started to go out again locally and had heard of all the cool new places opening, real R&R bars and such. I wanted my son to indulge in a little early night R&R too. When I finally sat in one, I heard Sheryl Crow on the radio. I was told by my most excellent friend whom bartended at the last great hope of a cool bar... that he got in trouble for playing a song called Kick Out The Jams by the legendary Detroit band The MC5. At this point I decided to get back in the game and give it another try. This time with contracts and my friends money. We are impaitent guys and could not find a bar fast enough. I now have two offers, but they are a year away. We were so high off my design, and our willingness to kick out some jams, that I said, Fuck it. We don't need no stinking venue, lets bring it to the streets, or a park, or better yet, the stinking BEACH! So, this how it all came to be my friends.

We have now decided that we do not want any square walls to contain our complete insanity, and our right to party the way we want too.

So get ready...
    For our next trick up the sleave of ME, and since we hate 4 walls, we will bring you our very own... WALL OF DEATH!!!

That is right, you heard me right. Me and my boys are building a Wall Of Death, and a bike or two to go in it! I also have a very special plan for a Texan Musician whom does'n't know I'm going to put him in the middle of it! Hahahaaaaa.... Be afraid, be very afraid!

10. Boy I see a lot of cheap skates up there! And we got a plan for next year!

11. Hollywood1939

Hollywood1939
    from Eastern PA

When I race flat track out in Ohio they put tarps up on the fence all the way around the track so you have to be in the stands to watch.

12. Hollywood, everyone that met you here is now missing you! We have allbeen laughing all day with hysterical stories of the event, and you, the flying Cubans, etc.

I always wanted to go back in time, but I only want to go back a day now. Hugs brother!

13. Hollywood1939

Hollywood1939
    from Eastern PA

Mel, It was an absolute blast! I'm ready to ride back down to the Burrito to hang out with you guys...
    Thanks for a great time!

14. Carter

Carter

[​IMG]

15. Carter

Carter

16. Nobodys Hero

Nobodys Hero
    from New Jersey

Just the beginning........Insane time, great meeting a ton of new people. Hollywood, next time I need help with something I'll know who to call!!! New Jersey rules!!!!! OILERS...

17. tuki

tuki

i swear i woke up today and thought yesterday was a dream..i still cant believe we ran our hotrods on the beach.i thought about it all day today.i think im gona leave the sand on my roadster all winter as a reminder.lol..Mel the fIrst time i met you i knew you were the real deal and we hit it off right away..thanks so much for asking me to be in the Oilers..i only wish i was closer so i could have contributed more to the event.
    there is an East coast show now that tops the Round up..truly unreal..and i hate the word cause its way over used but this was EPIC!!

18. Man, I'm loving these pics... I feel like I missed out on so much, yet I was in the thick of it.

It is so great that everyone had such a good time. I'm so happy!

The local buzz is great too. I want to do it this weekend, hahaaa.

19. wow!

20. Carter

Carter

21. I smell a calender here! Oj Jeffrey, oh Jeffrey... Hahahaa

22. autobilly

autobilly

Outstanding! Congrats to all involved, you may well have contributed to the birth of a legend.

23. Carter

Carter

24. Hollywood1939

Hollywood1939
    from Eastern PA

Hey man, Great to meet you and work like dogs together...

25. Carter

Carter

26. indianmark

indianmark

Heres a few more. Got one pic early of a surfer behind Mel's Chief.
    Truly Awesome event! Don't miss Mel's next show!

Attached Files:

27. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

What a great time! Next year if I'll have to bolt a seat to the chassis and get in the action.

Got a bunch more pics and movies, I'll be posting asap. Here's a couple I was playing with.

Attached Files:

28. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Holy crap Dave, where the hell were you!? I can't believe I didn't run into you the whole day! damn man!?:confused:

Awesome shot!

29. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

Lots of smiling people seen in NJ this weekend.

[​IMG]

30. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Couple more pics

Attached Files: