Register now to get rid of these ads!

shipping a body-any suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wildwood, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Wildwood

Wildwood
    from NE Ohio

Heres my situation...I bought this 27 T tudor body in North Dakota, and i live in Ohio. Thats about a 1200 mile journey I dont particularly care to make. The man i got it from said he would store it for me until May first so i have a bit of time to make shipping arrangements. Im sure some of you folks have been in this boat before, so if anyone has any suggestions or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Jim

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The big rub with shipping is that someone has to crate it up and get it ready to ship. And the money involved.

If it's not close to a major interstate it may be a pain finding someone who could pick it up while making a cross country road trip. Guys might be willing to take a 20 mile side trip but it's a bit much to ask one to take a 150 mile side trip.

3. Send me a P.M. with the pickup & drop off locations, I will quote you a cash on delivery price, I probably won't be going up there anymore this year but if you have that kind of time, I am sure we can help you. Please see my add in the Hamb O Dex section for references.
    Bill

4. I dont know his routes or times, but BenD here on the Hamb has transported 2 bodies for me in the past.

5. Wildwood

Wildwood
    from NE Ohio

Thanks Bill, PM sent.