Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 Chevy car needs lowering help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rmaxflo, Oct 16, 2012.

1. rmaxflo

rmaxflo

Hey guys, trying to help my Pops lower his 52 chevy deluxe 4 door. Its been in the family since 53 so its pretty much a keeper. All suspension is stock and i would like it down at least 3-4 in the front, and about the same or more in the rear. I noticed in earlier posts that someone asked about lowered spindles, and guys replied that no one makes them. They also suggested "Dropped Uprights" from Chevs of the 40s, Filing Station and National Chevy. Well I've searched with no luck. Not sure if i'm just not searching right or maybe its called something else. If someone could send me a link or point me in the right direction or any other ideas i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

2. Sir X Loin

Sir X Loin

3. rmaxflo

rmaxflo

Thanks so much for the link and the tips!

4. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Make sure your steering is not binding or hitting when your cruising over bumps so make sure you over load and test and set up some bump stops if the old ones are a little hard because they will wear out fast. You will hit a big enough pot hole and lose a tie rod end and its bad news all the way to the ditch.

5. scott51

scott51

please don't use 4" blocks in the rear, they're illegal some places for a reason, dearch your springs, reverse the eyes etc. but stick to 3" blocks max

There's a pretty good thread here http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644132&highlight=49+54+bags among others and since I haven't posted many photos before here's one of my 51 (excuse the trailer it's most recent one I've got from when we were moving)

Fatman drop spindles, and 1.75 cut coils with 2" blocks, reversed eyes and dearched springs.

Front needs to come up about half and inch to get the rake I'm after. Tried 3" blocks and it looked cool but couldn't get out of my driveway at the time. Plan for at least a small C Notch in the rear and bit of sheetmetal work in the trunk to clear the pumpkin.

Attached Files:

6. rmaxflo

rmaxflo

Thanks for the tips Fellas!!

7. joe little

joe little
    from UK