Register now to get rid of these ads!

More info on this Nasty 28-29 pickup!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Race@Rockets, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Race@Rockets

Race@Rockets

I came across pictures of this truck somewhere on here mocked up with a blown small block in it a while back...Then last week cruising around Facebook and BAM here it is finished??? Anyone know this Cat? [​IMG]

2. noboD

noboD

I really like it except for the exhaust.

3. Flamin'

Flamin'

It belongs to Mark in our car club the Slick Devils CC. I think I might have some more pics of it somewhere.

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

overall, that car just shouts "Serious Business" - radiator in the rear? neat if it works

5. Flamin'

Flamin'

I just found out Mark is not a member on here but one of our other members Steve "smautobody" on here has more pics of it in his photo albums. You can also contact him about any info on the truck you need.

6. Race@Rockets

Race@Rockets

Thanks Flamin'...the pics were from the meltdown drags and I saw alot of HAMBers were there also..figured someone would know about it! Thanks, Race

7. The early pics are of when I started it. I had it as a roller and traded it to fellow club member. I kept my spindle mounts and motor....for my current project. I had set it up for a blown SBC and he is a Ford guy so naturally he shoe- horned a big Ford in there. His business partner, Steve, is well known on here as the owner/operator and shoe for the Blew By You car. Steve and Mark are both top notch guys. By the way it is an early '28 and I pieced it together from many sources!

8. It works!

9. Race@Rockets

Race@Rockets

Hey Curly Got any build pics of the chassis??

10. Here is when I started it. Wow way back in 2006. the first page is all about nothing. Pic and setup start on page 2. The bed I made myself using a break to make the 45 degree bends after Don Moyer and I rolled out the bead on a cheap Harbor freight bead roller. The radius that rolls under the bed was made by handforming it over a piece of schedule 40 PVC tubing. I welded on stock stake pockets and made my own rear cross brace.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138329

11. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I like it. I take it those are 15x10 wheels... Does anyone know if that is accurate, and if so, what size and brand tires those are on the back? Looks great.

12. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

We helped unload this truck at the Meltdown. Couldn't believe that not only Blew by you was in the trailer but this truck, AWESOME!!!

13. Race@Rockets

Race@Rockets

Thanks for the link Curly

14. Plain old Ansen 15x10's and these are the standard set of M/T cheater slicks that I think I ordered from Radir. Been about 8-9 years ago when I bought the tires.