Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Texas!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Texas36, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Well I'm not so great at introductions so I hope I don't hack this up too bad. My name is Trey, Im 17, and Im from Houston Texas. Ive been lurking here for quite some time, so My dad requested that I make an account. I LOVE traditional hotrods, and I have for the last 2 years. When I was 15 me and my dad purchased a 36 Ford pickup for myself with intentions to build a Ratrod/bobber truck. Yes I know... You can all flame me for that, but as my hotrod life progressed I realized traditional cars were SO much cooler so our direction on our 36 changed. Ever since then me and my dad have been working on it (I plan to have a build thread going pretty soon). our goal is to have this running and driving within this school year. Im a Jr. in high school and we plan for this to be my daily driver. I hope I didnt bore yall to death, I have to go and inspect my backyard paint job (me and my dad just got done painting the frame):D

2. bruce bowe

bruce bowe

welcome from kentucky. good luck with the truck, happy to hear of the change in direction.

3. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome from NW Florida. Darn good intro. What this hobby needs is more young guns, and young guys playing with old cars with their dads is a great way to get into it. Hope you both enjoy this forum and messing with old cars and trucks.
    Most of us old guys wished there was something like this HAMB when we were kids. We had to read the early rod magazines and listen to old mechanics under shade trees. Good luck.

4. Thanks guys! And you're right Model T, there need to be more young hotroders my age. Everyone now are into their "racecar" civics. (wich are mostly stock with exception to a cheesy exhaust tip.)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. pecker head

pecker head

Word from the Can !

6. Welcome from the TX Hill Country.

7. Welcome from San Antonio

8. 30over

30over
    from Tampa

Welcome from Florida!

9. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

Welcome from so cal...

10. 54MEB

54MEB

Just a quick update on my son's truck. I'll get him to start a build thread if his truck meets the HAMB criteria! It does have discs up front but might be swapped out after we get it running and sorted out.

[​IMG]

11. Welcome from CT!

12. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Mineral Wells Tx and good luck on y'all's Build

13. 64Fairlane408

64Fairlane408
    from Katy, Tx

Welcome from Katy, Tx.

14. shadams

shadams

Hideeho neighbor! Ha...good lookin truck, wish my dad was into cars....get that thread started...