Register now to get rid of these ads!

Today I lost my father

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kc0kfg, Oct 20, 2012.

1. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sorry for the loss of your dad. I lost mine 17 years ago and i still miss him alot. Prayers and comfort sent your way.
    Gasser Girl

2. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I lost my dad 41 yrs ago ( he was 60 yrs old ), he died after 5 mos battle.

Lee

3. fanspete

fanspete

A prayer for him as well as you and the rest of your family.
    Enjoy 'em while you have 'em folks.

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

There are times words fail to express whats in your heart,... This is one of those times. Tho it doesn't ease your pain, When I see a post like this it reminds me of my Dad... Dad died 21 years ago...... They say time heals all wounds, but that's not true, You just learn to live with it.....

When you least expect it, you will remember things he did or said to you,.. and you will feel a closeness, and a smile mixed with a tear..... (those moments are truly blessings) I will most certainly keep you and your family on my prayer list.....

5. sun down

sun down
    from tx

sorry for your loss, my dad passed on when I was 38, I am now 71
    I think of him a lot.............wishing you and your family the best

Fred

6. janbuick

janbuick

I am sorry for your loss
    I lost mine a few weeks ago
    Be strong

7. gsport

gsport

sorry for your loss.... i've lost both my parents years ago, and a brother two weeks ago.. getting old sucks.

8. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Sorry to here about your Dad. My Dad had a heart attack after supper 25 years ago on December 21st. We buried him the 24th. Christmas sucked that year.

9. Rusty Homestead Fl

Rusty Homestead Fl

Just remember the best of times you had with him and cherish those memories. Nothing seems to hurt as bad as loosing your father.
    God Bless you and yours.

10. dad-bud

dad-bud

I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss and I hope you only remember the good things and the good times.
    Take care.

11. Our prayers are with you, I owe all I am to my parents & my Dad has been teaching me cars for probably 40 years & couldn't imagine the time when I won't be able to run idea's past him. God Bless

12. inlinr6

inlinr6

Sorry for your loss.

13. capri54

capri54
    from , SWEDEN

sorry for your loss.lost my father 10 years ago .remember all the great things

14. Brought tears to my eyes. Sorry for your loss.

15. prayers sent. everyone needs to spend a little more time with parents as they get older

16. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

17. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

prayers sent. for him and your loss. God go with you.

18. Road Oiler

Road Oiler

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours on this day. He is now in a better place. R.I.P.

19. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

My condolences to you. My father passed away in 1985, and I miss him terribly. Be strong, and cherish the memories.

20. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

21. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

So sorry for your loss. Go outside tonight and look up in the sky and pick out a star and think of it as your Dad. I do that with my Dad who passed away 12 years ago. I just pick one out and tell him good night or whatever it is that I am feeling at the time.... Be strong and thanks for sharing with us on the HAMB.... We are family.....

22. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

Sorry to hear , but I'm sure a lot of your father lives on in you .

23. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Sorry for your loss. This is a good reminder to spend time with your pops. Also for us Dads to make time for our kids. I'm 55 and my son is 35 and too much time goes buy between visits and projects.

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my dad died about 15 years ago. I hadn't seen him since the 70's. you are lucky to have had him in your life for as long as you did.

25. 21stud

21stud
    from California

God Speed BRG. Prayers.

26. cmarcus

cmarcus

I was literally working with my dad on my car minutes ago. This was the first thread that I saw when I logged in. Know that my prayers are with you and your family, and thank you for the reminder to be thankful in every moment.

God bless.

27. Sorry to hear about your loss. Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted. Thank God for our Dad's that took out time to show us how to navigate through life. You and your family will be in our prayers.

28. bsa_bob2

bsa_bob2

So sorry for your loss.My dad passed away 4 months after my mom in 98. He missed her that much [didn't want to go on.]!Your pain will turn to soft easy smiles.as you go on. You will remember lots of the little things about him....and then you will grin . I lost mine in 98 --lost my mom 4 months prior. Lost my 23 year old son in a car accident. that one bout killed me.lost my wifes father and mother and a favorite uncle all in 6 months time.Take care! my friend ...life will keep on going. hth bob:cool:

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

So Sorry to hear of your loss, I have learned so much from my 'ol man and Im a lucky guy to still have him around..
    He went thru prostate cancerand kicked it, a stint in his artery, and a few other close scrapes in life.

I didnt always have the good relationship we share now,(mostly because were both hard headed) so I am thankful for each day I have him as a mentor , father and teacher.

My prayers go to you and your family at this loss, I hope you pass the teachings on down to your kids and family

30. ChefMike

ChefMike

Sorry man my dad died back in 97 and I think of him just about every day !
    God Bless