Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford engines in chevys lets see em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot74roadrunner, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunbeam

sunbeam

Can't get the picture to come up but Norwin Palmer ran a D/A stingray with a 351c because it was faster than the Chevy.

2. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

This wont take long

3. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

Thats what she said

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

Roth had his Ford 406 ? in his 55 Chevy, and I remember a magazine featured mid 60's Vette roadster with a 289 in it as well...sorry no pics

5. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

The ratio is still at least 10,000 to one!

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

poor ford guys, still living on the former greatness of the now primitive flathead. face it, GM stomped you guys in the nuts starting in 1949 and has been doing it ever since.

Ford in a Chevy? like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

7. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

I dunno why it matters. Late model injected motors in classic cars do absolutely nothing for me, and the typical sbc swap isn't all that exciting to look at anymore but a Ford in a Chevy, Chevy in a Ford, whateves. If it runs well and gets you off, it's your car so who cares.

...I will say however, being a former C3 owner, that bubble back C3 with the flathead does look a bit odd at first.

8. iamben

iamben

Sorry to tell you this, but for all but the hot rod world the traditional SBC is a "primitive" motor by today's standards.

Lets see some more pics. I like something different once in a while!!!

9. ironpile

ironpile

I would do that.I have a 440 727 in a 48 F1 pickup and I really like it.:D

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

who gives a crap about todays standards? and what is replacing the SBC in "modern" sucky Street Rods? modern GM motors. just as it should be.

11. iamben

iamben

You are right. Cheap, quick, and easy just as it should be!!!;)

12. This is kind of like the book
    "Everything men know about women"
    Not a lot of content! :D

13. ibuild

ibuild

around here i am the only one that drives my cars with ford power, lots of chevolets around but the are not as dependable, i would dig a hole and bury one of my cars before i would put a chev motor in it. :)

14. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I second 49R.F.
    The mouse motor is a timeless design with a cornucopia of parts to build anything from stocker to a full race motor. Or you can buy a new one if you don't want to build one. One has to be nuts to want a put a defective Ford product into a Chevy.

15. teddyp

teddyp

i have to laugh i,m a sbc fan cause i like them i have a 58 ford with a y-block in it cause i like them i always like when people put a motor in a car because they like the car and they like the motor my buddy on here FORDMOPAR JOE has a 57 ford with a 383 mopar in it cool car. but when people put a motor in a car to piss people off or say a person car is boreing cause they put the motor they like in a car thats a asshole .nothing wrong with putting a chevy in a chevy or a ford in a ford real hot rodder,s put what ever motor they like in what ever make they like and just drive the shit out of it

16. iamben

iamben

jcmarz, I agree with this guy ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

17. I think brand loyalty isn't the focus here, its revenge for all the bland small blocks in Ford everythings. Hell, a Mopar is something cool just because its not every day you see a b/rb in a Ford or Chevy. Even as much as I dislike Chryslers, I'd rather see one in a Ford before another sbc. Yeah, yeah, we've all heard the price thing before. Geez, think about all the other engines that are available V8 or not, to be outside the box, non-cookie cutter, and different for similar costs. Even a Chevy 6 is cooler than a sbc.

18. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I agree with teddyp and 49 rat fink. I wouldnt screw a horse just to show people you dont have to stick to women. Its just unnecessary dificulty with unsatisfactory results.

19. 73super

73super

351 in a '55 Buick..., but then had to sell motor for $$ to finish another project.. but looking at maybe a 390, 352.. something like that to replace it with. Drives the purists crazy... whatever.
    49 and 55.jpg

20. iamben

iamben

Looks like it fits pretty well. Have any problems shoving it in there?

21. I am going to assume you saying this from experience!!:eek:

22. horses are OK but never do it with a pig, they'll squeel on ya. :p

Ya know I can understand using a Ford engine because you like them or using one because you just didn't have a better option at the time. But to say I am going to use one to piss someone off is just silly, why would anyone even care what someone else thought about their car in the first place?

23. 73super

73super

Had to let it ride a little higher than a SBC would because of the pan and where they locate the dang oil filter on those things.. had to do a remote.., but not bad.. looked great once it was in.

24. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

A guy gave me a 460 once. I got tired of the GMC in my Vega and put the 460 in it. PAW rebuild kit, big four barrel and 125 Nitrous kit. Thing went 197 at Bonneville. Not bad I thought.

25. iamben

iamben

Did you need the fire saw to fit that big heavy beast in there? Some pm'ed pics would be cool.

26. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I never took any pictures of it with the 460 in it. Or the 392 or the 455 pontiac. Somewhere i have pictures of it with the 302 GMC. Here is a well used picture of it with a 363 inch Packard. I had that car from 1980 till last March. Had a lot of fun with it. HAMB not

Attached Files:

27. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Man is that all you Fordians can come up with? Not a ford but how about a nailhead in my 50 Chevy
    [​IMG]

28. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

its funny those who say i would rather push a ford than drive a chevy usually end up doing just that .

29. 61 chevy

61 chevy

i guess your friends dont know how to tune a chevy, :D

30. 327Eric

327Eric

Reminds me of an episode of Pinks All Out. A Ford powered Camaro lined up against a Chevy powered Mustang. Don't remember who won.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.