Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally found it....32 ford 5 window....**lots more pics added per request** Post #77

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clutch-burner, Oct 19, 2012.

1. brady1929

brady1929

2. nice find! congrats

3. Did you find it on Farm road 5 outside Aledo?

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

4. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

You got it...what do you know about it if you don't mind?

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy howdy that has to be one of the best first posts ever on the board.

Post those photos and keep us posted on what you do with it.

6. big pete 13

big pete 13
    from CT

GREAT find - I'm sure you'll get her back together with a little effort. I love rumble seats - reminds me of my Dad's 36 Hudson when I was growing up.

7. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

Thanks everyone for the first post comments. I actually left a couple things out like my 15 year old son was with me (he is a car nut too) eating a snickers (peanut butter) we had just got from the shell station and wondering why in the hell I was about to have a heart attack in the drivers seat...dam kid is supposed to be on the lookout and never even saw the car until I pointed at it!

8. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Very sweet find there! You plan on a traditional style build or stay on that street rodder/racer style?

9. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

The more I look at it the more I like the way it looks as it sits now. This one looks very similiar to the first one I saw when I was 10 and have wanted one ever since.

10. khead47

khead47

Buy a lotto ticket NOW!

11. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

He shoots,he scores....

12. Great find!! Glad it's staying in the area. I have driven F.M. 5 fifty times over the years and have never seen it. Must have been hidden until recently.

13. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

That is too funny. It has been sittin in the exact same spot I found it in for the past 6 years or so they said. The people I purchased the car from are very nice people and were very helpful. The car actually belonged to their father.

14. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

I would be happier than gallager at a fruit stand! or however that geico commercial words it:) Great find!

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

16. Really.....guess I wasn't looking hard enough.:rolleyes:

Congrats on getting it

17. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

Ok If you drove south (I think) out of Aledo it was pretty easy to see from the road. Now if you were goin into Aledo heading north ( towards the 20) you would drive right by and not even notice it at all. A friend of mine actually found it on google maps too. Lol
    Thanks for the congrats everyone and making me feel welcome here

18. My sentiments exactly !

Normally I would be happy for anyone in this situation but since I live so damn close and have been dreaming of finding something like this myself, im feeling a "sour grapes" mood coming on. :(

19. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Super cool find! I am still on my search for my 33/34 ford of any kind, coupe, sedan, anything, I dont care, just anything.....thats my dream, and one of these days I will have one! Congrats on the bucket list item! Jim

20. slatts

slatts
    from Boston MA

Congrats on the find!

21. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

I personally wouldn't change that grill. It's sooo refreshing to see a non 32 grill on a 32. Especially after seeing a 32 grill on every damned thing out there.
    How many other guys have a 32 with a non 32 grill on it? And I don't mean a 33-4 truck which is damned near the same thing. Be interesting to see...

22. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

I I told the whole story in its entirety it is really weird how it worked out. It was almost like it was meant for me to find it. My wife said it's fate....I said one percent fate , ninety nine percent dumb luck lol

23. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

I sorta feel that way also. I think the grill look kinda neat on it and it fits well

24. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I can guarantee you won't get into the Hamb Deuce Club with that grille...

:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. are you going to replace the missing lower 2 inches of the body? or leave it channeled?

26. larry/
    hey do you still own a deuce larry ?:rolleyes:

27. Holy crap!!! Someone finally posted a "find" thread with pictures in the first post!!!! This has got to be a record!!!!!

28. clutch-burner

clutch-burner

I'll post more detailed pics later tonight when I get off work. I will put them in the first post with the others. The ones I had posted were literally taken 5 minutes after pushing it in the garage

29. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats, goes to show, ya gotta check on the stufff sittin around. Happy days are here again!! ~sololobo~

30. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Man. I hate you.

It would probably be overwhelming to you but I'd take the body off, keep what I might use, and sell the rest. Start over with some deuce rails and build it up from there. Traditional hot rod, of course. I've been daydreaming of a 3W with a blown Caddy mill..