Register now to get rid of these ads!

what do I have here ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Jim, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I bought these from a friend that thought they where Granada spindles. But before I spend time looking for parts I would like to make sure. I can not find any part numbers on the castings. Any help will be appreciated.:confused:

Attached Files:

2. Jim I don't know but I like the idea of the rotor being separate from the hub. Make sure that I know when someone deciphers it please.

3. Frank

Frank

I'm not sure that is even Ford much less Granada. I believe Granada's shared suspension with the Mustang/Fairmont. WHat year did he claim these for?

4. Looks like Early (first gen) Mustang spindle and rotor.

Edit, yes it's 1965 give or take factory Mustang spindle and rotor.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012

5. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

Sort of. The first generation (75-80) which is used for the disc swap, shared with Falcon/Mustang/Fairlane/Maverick. The second gen (81-82) were Fox body (Fairmont/ 3rd gen Mustang).

I'll concur those spindles are early Mustang. I believe 68 had integral caliper mounts. Those are basically drum spindles with a bolt on caliper bracket. I have a set of 70 Mustang spindles with integral caliper mounts. It still has the separate hub and rotor though.

If there is a part number, it should be on the back side about midway up the spindle arm.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. barstowpo

barstowpo

Are there any numbers on the caliper brackets? They do look like 64-67 Mustang.

7. I thought all Mustangs were drum till 67......