Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects on the bandwagon Heyitsnate's 36 5w build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by heyitsnate, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Just Wow!!! I will be heading to Olympia and driving my 1936 . I'd love to swing by and check out your work . My 1936 is rust free but am buliding the 1929 Whippet from scratch. Nothing compared to your quality but maybe you can set me up straight!!!

2. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Yeah no problem. Thanks for the nice words. Not sure when youre coming through but im usually in the shop on tuesday wednesday and thursday,and sometimes all 3.. i'll pm my #.

3. Looks like I will be swinging by Thursday ( Tomorrow) if that works. I am meeting the owner of my 1936 from 1962 to 2003. I tracked him down and he is 88 years old. he emailed me and said he cant wait to touch the 1936 again!! So thats my main reason to head south. To reunite him with the 36 but think your work is worth stopping to see also!!!

4. Right on! That is a great idea. Looks like it will be hell for stout too!

5. I am feeling guilty for sitting in front of the computer...guess I better go out to the garage.

6. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Nitrohonkey...is'nt your computer in your garage?

Whippet- usually im off on thursday and around the shop but sadly i'm at work today...

Yesterday i finished painting my motor and bolted up the T-5. since i have an 11 inch pressure plate the adapter hit the counterweights. Speedway tech told me to cut off the weights ?! No thanks. The adapter had a ridge inside where the weights were hitting so i shaved it down. Theres still 1" of aluminum behind it so i think im good. I could go on a rant here but i'll spare you.
    [​IMG]

7. Well I came and went and had a hellatious ride to Olympia. At about 50 on up the steering wheel vibrated so bad that it was miserable. I called all around for a tire balance and people were assholes. Discount said bring it on in. So after I visited with the 87 year old, I was told at Discount, it will be 1 1/2 hours. I gave him hell as I called 90 minutes before and didn't get told I needed an apointment. I then drove all the way back to Kirkland, they balanced the front tires 10 minutes I was out the door, free of charge!!!! 140 miles of vibration and now all is good. The last 20 miles was smooth.
    Sorry we couldn't hook up.

8. haha...You got me there. I had been sitting at the computer in the house. LAZY!!!
    Don't get me started on a Speedway rant. All I will say is I will not buy from them any longer. Hope it works out.
    Gold on "gold" looks excellent!

9. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Looking good Nate....

Gonna be a nice street rod when finished......haha

10. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DHi Nate.Lookin` good.Wish I still had some of my skills,BUT time and arthurits has screwed that.Can still do "rough" work like suspension,engines and ect.BUT body work is pretty much farm out.
    When I use a wire wheel or grinder I use my glasses,goggles and a fullface shield.Only got one"headlight" left.Got to conserve it for watching the gals at the lake.Hehehehe.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

11. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Got my frame back from the blaster and it's pretty nice! Mocked up my front end, test fitted stuff and mounted the rear leafs. Waiting on some small parts but i'll be dropping in the motor and making my trans mount next.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Holy shit dude! You aren't wasting any time. Looks like I had better get back to work!
    Did those turn out to be Posie spring hangers?
    ps...Looks raddd!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  13. striper

striper

Plate steel must be cheap around your way ;)

I love the work on the patch panels. Looks like a bit of common sense and some talent will go a long way.

I might have missed it, but whay are you going with parallel leaves on the back?

Pete

14. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

I was going to put a columbia 2 speed rear under it, after crunching some numbers,i decided to use a t-5 with a 10 bolt rear.the parallel leaf springs were a good conversion for this.

15. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

lookin good there mr. nate!

16. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Got some stuff done. My buddy arie dropped an axle for me and its super nice..so i mounted the front and rear and got it to ride height. I made a wishbone spacer but still need a little room for trans clearance so i'll tweak the wishbone a bit next.,but so far my angles are all where i want them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Amazing how a simple bracket can require so much thought and time. Looks like it going to work well.
    Since I am absent minded I cannot remember exactly what you requested...send me the specifics of the floor pan template you want and I will get it coming for you. -Jim

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You are kicking it out the stratosphere Nate

19. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Thanks nads! I miss you!
    Pm sent, thanks jim!

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I miss you too

21. Lookin good!!

22. Hey Nate,

I cut my 36 coupe in half today...just for you LOL :D

Instead of doing floor templates I am just going bring you a '36 coupe floor next weekend. It's rough...very rough, but parts may be saved and at the very least its a good pattern. PM me to let me know where I need to go to drop it off.

Attached Files:

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  23. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Awesome! Thanks jim! I can make time on saturday, although im working . Im off sunday.

24. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

nope! working and traveling!

25. shadams

shadams

Very nice build. I saw a 36 for sale at LSRU a few months back then saw a couple at local cruise ins this summer and fell in love with the 36 coupe. Cant wait to see more, any progress?

26. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Yeah its kool to see this coming along, last time I seen it in person was in the early stages.

Lots have happed since then I see!!!

...Roach.

27. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

switching gears here a little bit. getting some parts together. ive been finishing some work on the cowl.nothing too epic yet but i'll have a big update soon!

28. koolkemp

koolkemp

Looking forward to it!

29. tbauer

tbauer

Thanks for sharing all your great metal skills.