Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

here is a another take on your pickup

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

that is GREAT art work there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. EHBoy

EHBoy

hi guys

would like a photoshop of may car with dark blue candy bottom, silver flake roof.

thanks in advance

[​IMG]

4. Jpriebe66

Jpriebe66

Ok, maybe a little over the top. I'm looking for something that captures the late 60s feel of the truck but I don't want to look at it in 5 years and say "what was I thinking" I love the colors and the pop...on someone else's truck. Love that candy green though.

5. MOguy

MOguy

Not very good, but I tried.

Attached Files:

6. amsgd

amsgd
    from England

Hi guys
    This is an amazing thread. I have enclosed some shots of my car as it stands. Looking for some color inspiration. Thought about burnt orange and coppers but would appreciate any suggestions.
    Regards
    Graham
    324.jpg

407.jpg

390r.jpg

7. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Anyone with the skill and time , would you mind adding maybe a yenco stripe on the side in black? Your time would be much appreciated , thanks in advance,

[​IMG]

8. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Flames??

[​IMG]

9. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

did this real fast for ya

[​IMG]

10. edweird

edweird

i like the yenko !

11. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Man you guys are good

12. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Man that red version looks really good.

13. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Thank you for the Yenco stripe.... now the hard part , should I paint it on??

I'll give it some time to set in and think it over. Thanks again , and as the poster above me the red flames look wicked!

14. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

I think the stripe fits that body really nice and with the stance your car has it looks like it was ment to be like that. The red P/U one did come out looking sweet, Glad ya like it. I can turn up the contrast with the flames on the green one would give it a sharper look also. I still like the red better LOL

15. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

What if the stripe went a little longer but instead of going up and tward the rear of the car ,it went up and forward matching the the upper rear 1/4 angle ? Think you could pull that off if you have any spare time. That might look good , or not.
    Photoshop is good for making these decisions.
    You're the best man ,thanks again.

16. EHBoy

EHBoy

Thanks MOguy any chance you could make the blue alot darker more this colour

thanks heaps man

17. MOguy

MOguy

New, improved, darker!!

Attached Files:

18. Jpriebe66

Jpriebe66

Wow, BitterSweet, that looks really cool. Would like to see the high contrast treatment on the green. Early on I had someone ask me about putting flames on the truck and I glibly replied that painting flames on this truck was like putting a sticker on the stove that says Don't Touch HOT. Now that I see your version...

19. atomickustom

atomickustom

So about a year ago I asked JamesD to conjure up an image of what my '51 Chevy deluxe coupe would look like with a very specific set of modifications that I had in mind. He was kind enough to produce the finished image here.

But after following this thread ever since and seeing some of the suggestions made I realize what I should have said was "I love the first version of the Ernst Chevy and I'd like to build my '51 Coupe in the same style. What do you suggest?" I am even toying with the idea of a conti kit with extended quarters, since my 3 favorite kustoms (Ernst Chevy 1, Ernst Chevy 2.0, and the LaJolla Chevy) all have them.

Anyone want to improve upon my ideas? I can't chop it much lower because I am 6'3" tall, but everything else is negotiable at this point since the only metal surgery I've done to the body so far is replacing rusted panels. I'm also open to color suggestions but lean toward darks.

The key words here would be simple, clean, and elegant.

Attached Files:

20. Zykotec

Zykotec

Allthough that older photoshop is nice, I would love to have a go at this one :) May take a couple of hours though.

21. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

This looks cool kinda a sinister look.

[​IMG]

22. Zykotec

Zykotec

I hope it's not too blingy or modern :p
    54 Caddy bumpers in both ends, and 56 Olds head- and tail-lights. Rear quarter trim is 50 Olds. Roof is conservatively chopped, with rear window layed a bit forward, and then hardtopped.
    [​IMG]

23. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here's a '51 Chevy with '49 Buick rear fenders and side spear.
    The Ernst continental spare nestles down low.

The roof line is lowered, but not chopped. The rear window and sheet metal are angled forward about 6 degrees and the roof crown lowered to meet it. The door post was thinned a bit to lengthen the front window.
    This should give you a sleeker look without losing too much height.

[​IMG]
    51Custom05 by DaveTartaglia, on Flickr

24. Thinking about going old timey gold paint with skinny tires and red wires on my C-Dan. Any of you artist want to take a shot at it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  25. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

chopped a wee bit and rear quarter panel from a caddy. Doner image was kinda small so image is a bit rough.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

27. EHBoy

EHBoy

thanks mate thats exactly what i wanted.

28. Is there a group on the H.A.M.B. for photoshop artists? Tons of talent here, just looking to see if there is a group to exchange ideas and talk "shop"? I tried the group search engine and couldn't find anything.

29. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Not that I've seen, we just kinda shoot the breeze on this thread from time to time. If there was a group that'd be cool, might even help me get past "hack" status.:D

30. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Yes. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=80