Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Part Two

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

2. Thanks! Photobucket sucks right now.. not resizing my pictures correctly. I apologize, y'all

3. Thank you, sir! :D

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

5. I appreciate that, Andy! Thanks

6. no_safe_HAVEN

no_safe_HAVEN

Sick!!!! We ever get a house that we can have a game room in I'm gonna be throwing money at you for one of these!!

7. Thanks, Chris!

8. Found this cherry, ystrdy!

[​IMG]

Removed the the flash rust that had accumulated, put in a little more time on the fender and the panel under the hood. Straightened the hood opening moldings a little, too. There's minor imperfections w/ the nos pcs I bought, but they're original.

[​IMG]

Then used the 'metal prep'.. tomorrow it gets primer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Jesus I remember part 1 of this thread. I have not been to HAMB in a long while so it was nice to see this one still going. I remember what it looked like when you started,bravo! Lookin real good , keep it up.

10. It's been 4 1/2 monthes since I stopped doing body work. But I have been doing other things 'for' the 59.. but today I'm back 'on' the winged street crusader! Thanks for the words

11. I had to cut the top piece and replace it, so I could get the same curve as the other side. It's symmetrical now. I'll do the finish work, tomorrow.

[​IMG]

I think this might spruce up the off white paint.. Have to spray it, and look at it in the light!

[​IMG]

12. Some pics from my trip up to the CHRR. Hung out with JimSig & Galin.. good times

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

lookin good,Big Al is bad ass,thanks

14. It was cool talking with the guy. The original was built for $2,500.. Wow!

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

CHRR !!!!!!, please tell me you got a nose full of Nitro at the cackle fest for me. That's the best crying a guy can ever do, beside in his beer, I suppose, wait, I said to much :eek::D

16. Didn't go to the cackle fest, but it was a great time. Drove up & back on Friday. The drive up there was really a nice drive. The weather was cool.. Good times! Gas cost too much.. That's for fucking sure!! There's no crying in Hot Rodding.. (in my best tom hanks voice)

17. This '32 belongs to my friend Thom up here in Modesto...he has a bunch (18 or 19) of real '32 Fords. All real, the ones you never see...some stock, some rodded. Always love to see his stuff pop up in threads.

18. A couple years ago, a 32 Sdn Dlv was cruising around El Mirage, with a for sale sign. It was reasonable, but reality set back in an I just went and had another beer!

The fender needs a little more time in it.. surprised?! I think not!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Ya done yet? Waiting anxiously

20. Clearly, I need to hurry up. I have a 60 Impala couch to do, too.

[​IMG]

21. I needed to finish the psngr fndr.. which was a surprise! I didn't know I hadn't straightened the park light area

[​IMG]

Then it needed hammer and dollying(not even a word, but it should be) down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Cool, "back to our regularly scheduled program". This thread feel's like television during an election year :confused:;):p:D

23. I hate starting other stupid little threads.. Makes me feel like I have OCD, an I'm all over the place with so many other little projects. I sold my big billet wheels. Amazing they're going on another 59 elco up in S.F. So now I can have my steel wheels made up. 17 & 18" stock center steel wheels. I'm happy!

24. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

It's all good Jay, no explaining needed :)

25. El Camino Kid

El Camino Kid
    from 808

J. do you have someone to make your wheels that dosent cost a fortune, I was wanting to run the same wheel combo but couldnt find anything reasonably priced.

26. LaSalle Gearbox

LaSalle Gearbox
    from ohio

Some guy in Ojai used to make them but that was a few years ago.

27. Here is the info I have. Specialty Wheel. Their mailing address is in Portland, but the wheels are made "in Southern California, somewhere",

28. El Camino Kid

El Camino Kid
    from 808

Thanks J. I guess inexpensive is a relative term, sometimes you gotta pay if you wanna play.

29. Triumph at '12 World Finals.. 387MPH run

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qx_7fFQbV1Q?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]
    <wbr>[​IMG]

[​IMG]<wbr>