Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods So Can I Stay or Should I Go

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigdaddyhemi, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

So I have been a HAMBER for a while. Always a traditonal and custom guy. I have just aquired a 36 3 window all steel with a 1940 Ford front end. My question is is it acceptable on this site? I dont want to start a shit show I am just asking

2. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Sounds pretty cool!

Post some pictures please.

3. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

That is quite the quandary... I'd kill for a '36 3 window tho!

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

Is it the yellow one thats on Kijiji in Ont somewhere? ....if so I think it will need some makeover time in the shop!

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Why wouldn't it be?

7. atomickustom

atomickustom

Yeah, why on earth wouldn't a '36 Ford with a '40 front end be HAMB friendly??
    There is a KILLER sectioned one running around this part of the country that I see at a local show most years. If I find a photo I'll post it.
    (Come to think of it, I haven't seen it in a few years it might not be sectioned it might be channeled with the fenders raised and just the hood sectioned, but it is black and sleek and LOW.)

8. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

I will try to up load some photos

Attached Files:

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, that one is wayy too modern for this site...

I assume you are gonna tear it apart and give it a rebirth by removing the fake hood side thingys, the wheels, mirrors, etc?

10. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

The wheels ARE NOT HAMB friendly.... Is that a tilt front clip???

11. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

Oh it will be reciving a make over, and definetly be removing the plastic thingys off of the hood. I take delivery Saturday

12. Why wouldn't it be? Build it post it and let the chips fall where they may.

Actually post how to do it threads along the way and give the custom community a shot in the arm.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think if you plan on saving this car from it's current state and bringing it back to a traditional hot rod, it would make a great build thread.

14. My first Hot Rod was a 36 5 window so I have always had a soft spot for them.
    I agree remove mirrors hood thingys wheels and not a big fan of yellow but if you like it's great. Please post progress pictures.

15. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

Yes tilt front clip. I get it guys no problem, I still have my 49 and I will not disuss the 36 anymore. Now if you tell me my 49 is not traditional I am leaving...lol :p

Attached Files:

16. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

err.. you mean custom right? hahaha

Sorry Ryan.

That thing would look great with a taildragger makeover.

Share the progress with us please.

17. Well I would tell you that it is not traditional except for two things, first it would be an out and out lie and second it would defeat my last post all together.

Please commit and say that you are going to take your '36 back to traditional. I looked at it and now I think I can hang '36 Sheet metal on my '38. ;)

Ok while you are here it has nothing to do with your new aquisition but when you did the scallops on the 49 did you do black over the copper or did you lay the copper over the black?

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

The boss man himself said its fine as long as its getting a make over, which you said it will. So keep posting the progress as you bring this one back from the dark side!

19. Ralph

Ralph

Different wheels, swan neck mirrors, and removing the portholes would make that a whole different, and much nicer, car. I like it!
    Ralph

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thats the one I saw advertised... I was dreaming of how I would re do it lol. I didnt notice they used the 40 cowl/windshield the first time I looked at it, take the doo dads off ,lower the ass ,skirts change the colour, would make a nice sled!

21. sambo

sambo

The car is cool,man! never seen seen that done,seen the 40 3window 'glass body...if someone has the talent to do a nice,sinister chop,figure out grafting a 40 to a 36,got the stance,oh! now it needs those plastic porthole things from the crap ilse at shucks!You should rip'em off when you go pick it up and leave'em there.Nice score though,let's hope!

22. Just a suggestion but it really need a face lift,,,35 or 36 sheet metal up front and a different set of wheels.

I can appreciate the work but feel like it missed the mark,,HRP

23. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

Hey porkbeaner I laid the copper over the black and I will not discuss the 36 anymore until I have an update

Attached Files:

24. Thanks
    I kept looking and my brain was saying it could be one way then my other brain said but it could be the other.

One of you really talented fellas should do a custom paint series, I believe even the most died in the wool leave it rusty guys would find it interesting, and maybe learn something in the process.

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like a 39 cowl and windshield... going back to 35-36 would take major surgury

26. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Interesting....Ive never seen that combination before. Not that I remember....Just mellow it out a bit and make the plastic/billet bits go away. And dont forget to post progress pics!

27. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Maybe some Ausies can chime in, when they wake up, but when I was in Australia I eneded up un a home/shop that had a 36 Ford convert with a 40 front. I was told it was factory from using leftover factory parts. It was WAY kool, my camera batteries were dead at the time and I didn't get a shot. Yes this 36 is not a factory job but the simularities are interesting.

28. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Craftmanship in the 80's was really starting to clean up, but styling sucked balls!

29. Man, that thing would make a bad ass taildragger.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

30. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Obvious!
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n5OQ09BFgLY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>