Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Goodguys Charlotte 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flat-Foot, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Less than two weeks till Goodguys Charlotte. Whos is coming to the show?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Might go as a spectator this year.

3. sololobo

sololobo

Note to attendees!! Take plenty-o pix and post'em up Thanx ~sololobo~

4. Brenda & I will be there this year in the wagon,,it's been several years since our last Goodguys show.HRP

[​IMG]

5. I'll be attending the show afoot early Friday, staying for Coleville's Homecoming Hoot-nanny, and departing mid-Saturday.

Looking forward to meeting any HAMBers that care to shake hands!

And the party ought to be another hum-dinger!

6. I'll be there in the coupe! I'll probably drive up Friday AM and stay the weekend.

Is Friday worth going, or should I just come for fri night through Sunday?

7. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:D:D

The GoodGuys web site says that there is a Deuce Doins @ Charlotte.
    I also might go up Saturday and be a spectator.

It is 55 dollars to register :eek: and another 35 dollars to be a GoodGuys member. 18 dollars to be a spectator. :(

[​IMG]

That is ninety dollars to show my car ???
    I can only go one day ... SO ... if I go ...
    I think I will pass on putting the 32 in and just pay the 18 dollars. Maybe

8. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

I do understand about the money. It takes alot to put a show on like this. I plan on going and I am take my car. I don't go to many shows. The local show all have muscle cars in them. The gg show still have alot have early cars. Hope to see you there. Hope you change your mind on not bring your car. Peace out

9. TNT

Sunday is a mixed bag of EVERYTHING! All years are fair game on Sunday...which is cool if you loke "all years" shows. I'm going for the swap, get some ideas for the Tudor, and then head to the IL's shop for the party. Might go early to see if I can help the guys set up. Fridays are a little thinner than Saturdays, but I want to have first dibs on any bargain 16" 'Stones, GM Steelies, or cool little folding bucket seats.

See you at the party!

10. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

That makes the 40.00 entry fee for the Turkey Run about the best deal around. Four day's and up to four people per car is a hard price to beat! Skip the GoodGuy's and head south folk's.
    Gregg

11. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Actually if two go + The car+ Membership it's $126.00, That's why we're going as spectators. $36 is a whole lot easier on the wallet that $126.

12. Doesn't the car entry get 2 people (1 driver, 1 guest) in?

13. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

yes ...

So it would ... only ... be 90 dollars for Merlin and the lady ...

I have been to GoodGuys events in Indy, Charlotte, Nashville and Columbus ...so I am not a newbie.
    I have 4 GoodGuys award plaques awarded to my 32's ... hanging on my wall.

So I am NOT putting down the GoodGuys show :cool:
    It is just not worth 90 dollars to me for one day.

Go and have fun ... :p

14. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Actually ... it is only 25 dollars ... to pre-register for the NSRA Nationals in Louisville.
    The biggest car show event in the USA.
    And I am a lifetime NSRA member ... so no membership dues added to the 25 dollars. :) :)

Did not miss a Street Rod Nationals for almost 20 years straight.

Been to the Turkey Run a good bit also. I was going back when it was held at the Seabreeze High School. Neat event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

A lot of the Iron Lords are not bringing anything this year. Just don't want to pay to bring a car but we might try and squeeze in one car and all go one day at least. It sucks because this thing is in our backyard and we just don't have it in us to pony up that money to bring our cars to the show. I've got New Jersey this weekend then I'm heading to Austin on the 3rd so I'm kinda planning on working around the house the weekend of goodguys this year.

16. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

[​IMG] My mistake you right but $36 is still better than $90. I to don't have anything against Goodguys but money has been tight this year and I'm trying to pinch every penny I can.[​IMG]

17. 2002p51

2002p51

We're going. We haven't been to a Goodguys event since 2009 and we're really glad to be going this time.

For you non-members you can buy a "digital" membership for $20 so the three days for two people would be $75, not $90. That's $12.50 per day, per person. Not so bad.

Or, you can go on just Sunday only for $20.00

https://good-guys.com/events/2012-events/item/southeastern-nationals-2?category_id=2

And no, I don't work for Goodguys.

18. I've been trying for 8 yrs to get this project ready to take to the GG Charlotte, unless lightning strikes ,I'm gonna be there this year!!!

<======/// This one!!

19. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Come on JJ this is in your back yard. Get your woman to do the yard work. Iron not go the the GG show. That was why was going to show to hang out. Come on man support your show. Peace out.

20. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Tell em' Willie!!! :D

21. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

I will be there i have a buddy coming up from west parm beach for the show

22. Sgt._Grumpy

Sgt._Grumpy

Will be there with my Gasser...Looking foward to the weekend!

23. killer-D

killer-D

My pinstriping booth with be up and running.Come by and see me,if atleast to say hi.Remember I will be set up to freehand pinstripe on site.Come by and check out my books and check out my work.

24. hemi

hemi

I will be there playing KIRK!'s stunt double.... or maybe I am the real Fonzie... I don't know. :D

25. OK, 2 questions....

1- Is anyone leaving from or coming through the Columbia area that wants to caravan?

2- Is there a HAMB parking section? So that we can all meet and hang out together... (As long as you guys dont mind parking with a rusty daily driver A-coupe that is.)

26. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will be there...Friday and Saturday...in the swap meet...buying and selling...see y'all there..

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

27. TNT

As you go into the show (if they do what they did last year) you will be directed to the open garage area near the turn 4 end of pit row. This is where they have historically parled the "suede and chrome" cars, meaning "traditional", at least of sorts. Or you can ask where this area is.

Don't think the Iron Lord's are going, so an infield gathering spot won't be claimed either.....

You can always show up at the party on Friday night and get the lowdown for the next day.....

28. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

A few of our guys are going and will be in the infield. Should be my car a, seafoam green 39 ford coupe, a blue 65 ford pickupand maybe a couple more 60's chevy trucks. Not sure where exactly yet but if you see us come on over and hang.

29. Midnight oil is being burnt at Dave's shop trying to get Jim's Blue Model A coupe finished for the trip to Goodguys,,the car is gonna be a knockout. HRP

30. ^^^^When will you guys be rollin' in?