Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Buzz Bomb T and Rudy Heredia coupe-any connection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hammeredt, Jan 18, 2008.

1. hammeredt

hammeredt

Do any of you guys know if the Buzz Bomb T featured in July '58 Custom Rodder is the same coupe built by Rudy Heredia of Gilroy, California (seen in Andy Southards' Hot Rods of the 1950's)? The Buzz Bomb was owned byBuzz Sawyer of Watsonville, Ca. Both T Coupes are chopped (about the same) and chanelled, run olds mills, have desoto grilles, and chromed front ends that are out in front of the grilles. I am interested in more info on the Rudy Heredia coupe and other pics if they are out there. Thanks J-

2. Jerry Nielsen

Jerry Nielsen

These are the same car.The T was originally built by Rudy Heredia of Gilroy,Ca.and later on sold to Buzz Sawyer who lived in Watsonville,Ca.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. hammeredt

hammeredt

Thanks Jerry. Do you know either of these guys, or just about the car? J-

4. Jerry Nielsen

Jerry Nielsen

Originally I was from No.Calif.I knew Rudy Heredia very well.He owned a body shop in Gilroy and had some nice rides.Wish I could be more helpful,but I live out of the area and have lost track of him.Perhaps a H.A.M.B. member in the area could assist you.

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Buzz Sawyer and the "Buzz Bomb"

[​IMG]

Stogy, Roothawg and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. hammeredt

hammeredt

Cool Pic Royal, thanks. You don't have any pics of it in its earlier Rudy Heredia form- dark blue with red motor and dual carbs- in your stash do you?

Stogy likes this.
  7. Damn good picture, anybody else got any??

8. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

One of my all-time favorite hotrods.
    The DeSoto grille and shell was rare piece even then and really made the car stand out from the crowd. It would be a dificult piece to find today.
    The color was gorgeous, too.

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

This is when Rudy owned it......Blue.
    [​IMG]

14. hammeredt

hammeredt

Yes!! this is the pic I had seen...and fell in love with. Thanks!!

15. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HammeredT, your's doesn't look very far off from the Buzzbomb. You should add one of yours so the difference can be seen

16. hammeredt

hammeredt

Hot Rod Man,

Here are a few. Funny you should say that... I have been wanting to make some changes to the T and invisioned Blue with hubcaps, and I have never really been happy with my grille. When I saw Rudy's car I knew that was the ticket. Course then Clark had to go and build your car. I would have to change so much of my car to do what I want, I figure I'm better off starting fresh. We'll see, gotta do some maintenance to get on the road for summer, guess I'll start there. J-

Well here's one to start anyways. I am having sizing issues. I'll work on it. J-

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  17. blackout

blackout

I bringing this back up and asking for some help. Someone posted a photo of the original version of the car at the Santa Maria (I think) drags. I saved the pic on a floppy disc, now the floppy wont work so I lost the picture. I've been searching all over with no luck.

Anyone have that photo?

Thank you

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Best version in my opinion is this one.

19. blackout

blackout

Anybody? Black and white photo, left side of car parked in the pits.

20. SIMUNOVICH

SIMUNOVICH
    from HOLLISTER

Heck try information in gilroy ca. 831 area code probably in the book? OOPS 408 AREA

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's got a realistic chop. They look strange (proportion) chopped too much.

22. I guess he has a fan club here.....Pic inclosed is from 56 I think...... Rudy and my Pop. Original "Gear Grinders" from Gilroy,CA.
    I see him from time to time,and have been asked about what he did with the car. Next time I see him,which will be soon,I'll ask.
    Here's a few for ya.....

Attached Files:

23. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

I have that car as my computer background at work.

Coolest looking model T I have ever seen

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Awesome photos, I bought a mint body to someday build one real close to the early version.

25. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Rad T....
    Somehow missed this the 1st time around......gives me a few ideas...

26. blackout

blackout

Thank you for your contribution, IVISABLEKID. Thanks to Royal Shifter, too, great photos. My missing picture was a post about Santa Maria drags, I think. If I recall correctly, the fellow posted pictures that could have been his Dad's, or just someone older than he is. They were all black and white. Hopefully someone will see this. Thank you all again.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thanks! One of my favorite cars for many years, hadn't seen this article before.

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'd like to do one close to Heredias version too, was always thinking powder blue with fiesta caps. Always thought the chop on this car was perfect.

29. I know Rudy has A LOT of memorabillia from years past.....I'll see what I can come up with,and hopefully have my camera with me. IDK if he's aware of all of us here or not,but i'll clue him in.:cool:.His body shop ran for a long time,as well as his brothers upholstery shop next door,and between the two,well,use your immagination of some of the things that came out of there. He still "plays with toys",and has some VERY cool rides.
    When I see him,I'll ask a ton of Q's=sorta an interview(between me having adult soda's) and see what I can get.Not only history abroad,but right here at home.

30. Gomes

Gomes

[​IMG]</a>[/IMG]Just ran across this thread " The Buzz Bomb T"
    In about 1970 my Father Dennis Gomes owned the Buzz Bomb he traded a 50 Merc for it. As I remember, it was Purple with white interior and powered by and Olds with too many carbs and loud ass pipes soon after my father started working on it he installed a new blk top did some interior work , body work put some chrome rims 50 Merc caps and painted it Metallic Blue at the time he did not know that the original color was Blue he just knew it was not staying purple and because he simply liked blue.
    The car was drivin frequently, on one occasion my mother was driving me to elemenrty school stopped to get gas (seems they were always getting gas for that car)and as she finished filling up started to leave the gas station the car back fired scared my mother her foot hit the gas and as we were doing a donut she was screaming AHHHHH I remember that was the coolest fuckin thing ever, shortly after that the Buzz Bomb was gone and replaced by a 11sec 1/4mile 56 Chevy street car . Last I heard there's a "guy" who has the body no frame and wants a ton of money for it........ [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014