Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Cragar style wheel ID help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A-Wall, Oct 16, 2012.

1. A-Wall

A-Wall

6 wheels just got posted up for sale locally, very cheap, and I'm just wondering what's what. He says 2 are Rocket Racing, 2 are Cragars and 2 are Keystones. They are painted hideous colors, and here they are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blind Elwood

Blind Elwood

If it were me, I'd pass on the orange ( Rocket) set. Looks like the lug holes are oval shaped. Blue set looks like Keystone. Gray set looks like Cragar.

All three sets would look good if you're building a r** rod.

3. How? None are RED :D

4. A-Wall

A-Wall

Ok so..

Orange = Rocket
    Blue = Keystone
    Gray = Cragar

The Cragars look like they have slotted holes.

I was thinking of buying all of them just to have them, strip the paint off to see what's underneath.

Out of the three the Blue set looked the most intriguing to me because of the offset and the lack of uni-lug but they look a little pitted, I'll find out for sure tomorrow because I'm going to go look at them.

Would the Keystones and Rockets originally have been chrome like the Cragars?

Thanks for the help!

5. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

You said they're cheap, so if I was you I'd buy them. The Keystone's would have been chromed.

6. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

The oval lug holes are a universal fit. Uses special lugs & washers. Nothing wrong with them.

7. To me none of those wheels look like Cragars. The gray wheels use counter sunk washer that like an ET mag. I think western and appliance used the same type of washer. cragars used a flat offset washer with two small alignment lugs on the side of the spokes. None of the above wheels have them.