Register now to get rid of these ads!

satin/matte finish

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46jimbo, Feb 9, 2012.

1. derbydad276

derbydad276

heres mine in satin finish

rustoleum satin finish

Attached Files:

2. Frank32

Frank32

Another vote for SEM Hot Rod Black, I shot mine a few years back still looks good. Gets alot of comments (good ones).

Good luck

Attached Files:

3. I just shot mine this past Sunday.
    PPG Omni Base clear. I put flatner in the clear. Worked like a charm. I'm really happy with it. I will be using it again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 46jimbo

46jimbo

definatly think im going with the sem hot rod black, seems to have the best satin look, and the best reviews. seems like the best choice to me

5. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

Ive been following this and other paint threads. I want to do my tow rig in satin/matte black but as it sits outside all year long im trying to find a way to do it that will last.

6. steve283

steve283
    from cincinnati

styleline,nice color combo.and I too have been looking for a not shine.color does not need to be black for mine,I just want it to look aged.So a satin is the way i want to go.I think almost a relic paint might be nice,you know buffed in normal wear places.And satin will do that well.Or I could let it relic itself over time,lol.

7. mrcob

mrcob

Someone, somewhere, on the HAMB suggested using Scrubbing Bubbles to freshen up the SEM Hot Rod Black...he was right! I had stains in my paint from parking under a tree that dropped a lot of goo on the paint (when the paint was only a week old). The stains seems permanent but Scrubbing Bubbles took them off and really made the paint look great (this was about 6 months after the paint job). There car was soapy and then I sprayed the SB all over and then firmly went over it with a wash cloth. There was no black on the cloth but it must have taken off a tiny layer. The sheen of the paint is perfect and the stains are gone. I'd really recommend it to people with no garage.

8. Love that little car...

And wow... powder coat? Really??

9. j_johnson

j_johnson
    from Iowa

I've used hot rod flatZ twice now, I don't like it at all. It does look nice but it is really tricky to lay down. It will run easily, look streaky if your guns not right or your overlap is off.

10. Gman0046

Gman0046

The black on the 62 wagon in my avatar is a BASF product called Limco 3. Its a urethane with a satin finish. I use soap and water to clean it and spray detailer to remove finger and hand prints. If in the future I decide to make it shiny all I have to do is clear it.

11. tint1

tint1

I just did my truck with Dupont imron it is really tough stuff they have a lot of colors they have 5 different sheens to choose from flat to gloss and it's not bad priced and covers very well

12. UncleDonnie

UncleDonnie

The circle of guys around me like Caterpillar brand satin black dozer paint. They tell me it is real inexpensive.

Don

13. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Watch the Imron Guys.That stuff is really lethal.Back in the 80's we shot the frame on my F100.We both had respirators on.It was the Only time my dad has went to the hospital,ever.Developed one of the worst cases of pneumonia They had seen.Went through the pores in his skin.This holds true for any paint, but, Be careful.They say to watch the eyes because that is the quickest way to get to the blood stream.

14. Yup x2 you need a fresh air supplied system ,organic vapor cartridges wont do the job.

15. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

Mine was done in DuPont Hot Hues satin paint by the previous owner. Although they cut a few corners and there is some blemishes in areas, for the most part it still looks perfect in most areas.

[​IMG]