Register now to get rid of these ads!

Everlast Tig Welder.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by voodoo1, Oct 16, 2012.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1

Looking at buying a Tig welder. Saw the Everlast website. The power tig 210 model is interesting. It welds to a 1/4 inch. Any feed back from anyone? Mike.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Look up welding tips and tricks on you tube, hes got some stuff on there about it and welding videos but im also curious to see if anyone has played with one....

3. R35J1S

R35J1S
    from Missouri

I hear a lot of people calling them Neverlast but I can't speak first hand. I almost bought one last year but found a like new Lincoln pricision tig on craigslist for the same money.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Save your time and money, don't even consider them. Go with Miller (first choice ) then Hobart or Lincoln. Period.

You will never go wrong with the quality name brand machines.

5. tothj4

tothj4

Welders are something you dont want to waste money on. Buy a Miller, Lincon, or Hobart and you'll only buy it once! The model 200 is only a DC welder so (no aluminum), If your on a budget or want to stick with Everlast i'd look into the 315 amp. Hope this helps

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think Tig and Mig is one place where a name brand really pays off over time. Our Miller's just keep going like the Energizer Bunny with no issues ever.

Don

7. voodoo1

voodoo1

I was looking at the Miller 165 and 180, Diversion line. That's prob what I'll do. Mike

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Good choice, I have the Diversion 165. It doesn't have the digital readout, I didn't want or need that. The 180 has the digital readout plus you can use it on 115 volts as well as 220.

I didn't need the dual voltage either, my 165 runs on 220. That was OK with me as you will see when you look at the 180s specs it is quite limited when you hook it up to 115.

The 165 is perfect for me with a foot pedal I love it and it will last me many years.

The high frequency arc starting and the ability to do aluminum are nice.

9. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

Try finding parts for it in 10 years.... I'd rather have a name brand

10. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

11. voodoo1

voodoo1

I think there's something to be said about buying American, from American workers. Thank you guys for the info! Mike

12. jack orchard

jack orchard

Just curious. Same company that makes the boxing equipment?....jack

13. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I've got a Miller Syncrowave 180 that's about 10 years old, and I've not found anything it won't weld, in our hobby with proper prep!! I do recommend getting a gas lense.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. voodoo1

voodoo1

So I had been emailing Everlast about the welder since last night. Talked about price, etc. Well after the posting today here, I had decided not to buy that welder and get a Miller. I emailed and told the guy that today and why, because it's made in America, getting parts etc. Well that didn't set too well with him. I've had several emails from him telling me it's not made in America along with other things that are not. I told him thanks for the info but not interested, and to not email or contact me again, have a good day.

Well I received another email stating how my phone was not made in America, and the list goes on of other things he says. This guys is an Asshole! He doesn't understand the word NO! Mike

15. That is reason enough not to buy anything from him!!

16. I have an Everlast Plasma cutter and the first designs had problems which I didn't know. As soon as the new design came out, they sent me the new designed one and it has kicked ass ever since. Been about 5 years. They stood by their product. And as for the Millers etc, they are all filled with foreign parts. This is the world we live in now. Nothing electronic seems to be made in the USA anymore in these machines.

17. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Okay ,i am here to say that i have a miller 250 water cooled tig , a lincoln 135 that i bought for portability and a hobart 200 amp mig,The tig is at the shop big and heavy, i was wanting to be able to do some tig at the house so i started looking at some portable type inverter tigs, what i found out is even the smaller tigs brand names have some chinese electronics in them, I figured i would use this sometimes when i did not want to go to the shop to weld. I came across the everlast brand and did some research, what i found was very little complaints, I bought the 200 dx model for $900, has a 5 year warrranty (more than red or blue) I have used it quite often for the last 2 1/2 years and in my opinion it welds as good as my miller.I am not normally a big chinese fan of tools and this is my first experience with any type of chinese welders, I at this time cannot bad mouth the unit. Two of my buddies have borrowed mine a few times and were impressed enough to buy themselves one.I think they are good for the money, yes there is better but depends what you want to spend, just my .02 worth.